Thanks to everyone and back on the road

RocketmanBristol

Supercharged
Ride
2004 Rocket 3
747A2F2E-0D91-45EA-8968-8D6D53FB8EB6.jpeg
BB1D6E37-F1C4-4FFB-A412-628F7E51DB6A.jpeg
Having some great weather in most of the UK, so very frustrating that the Rocket was off the road. Mainly down to another senior moment like putting the fork seals in backwards!
So we are back together and now the seals aren’t leaking all the shiny new oil it’s riding a lot better, here’s a quick list of the work I did.......

New tyres front and rear
New wheels bearings and seals front and rear
New head race bearings
Progressive fork springs
10 W oil
New lower fork bushes
Painted the front end satin black and relocated the horn under the left side panel
Put on a genuine Triumph fly screen with mounts from eBay
Fitted my cheapo eBay Zard exhaust
Had a quick blast around the lakes close to home and handling a lot better than when I bought it and running pretty well with just a slight spitting occasionally through the intake,maybe the exhaust or just that it hasn’t been used for a couple of months,still nice to be back on he road.

She is looking fantastic, you have done a fine job.
Hope you managed to keep all of your fingers and hair during the process;)

She is looking fantastic, you have done a fine job.
Hope you managed to keep all of your fingers and hair during the process;)

Cheers Fenner, had no hair to start so not a problem! Actually a nice bike to work on once you start getting your head around where everything is...............most of my problems are self inflicted and working on a 14 year old bike thats been a little neglected so lots of the fasteners are corroded. As for Triumphs chrome, its just like Harleys , not to be used in a British winter, just wish they wouldn't bother, but each to their own.

Back