thanks for all the support+encouragement

2012cliff

Supercharged
Ride
2008 tour
what happened? I don't remember anything from 3hrs before till1 week after the accident. I do have eye witness reports so I can share those.
Apparently we pulled out to pass a semi-tractor trailer, my buddy saw me pull out and the next time he checked his rear view he saw a fire ball explosion. He couldn't believe it might of been me. What a friend, what a brother, he really is a hero. As he stood between the burning wreckage[less than 5 feet]and my body, beating out the rising flames.Standing guard not letting anyone move me until the paramedics arrived.
one report has me fishtailing side to side across the rumble strip,[this might suggest a blow out or flat tire of some sort. could possibly be a wheel bearing. maybe i hit something] I've been riding all sorts of motorcycles for more than 30 years. I don't ride in the ditch, something put me there.
Another report has said that it looked like i was going to make it. I may have, but apparently there was a 3 foot steel post hiding in the tall grass.

Obviously, the bike's replaceable, you are not. Thank heaven for true friends, luck, and providence!! Best wishes and ride on!!
:thumbsup:

As soon as you get well will give you the trophy for the most entertaining and original way to describe a motorcycle accident so get well soon!!:)

Take care of yourself and follow the docs instructions. The insurance will take care of the bike and you will be back in the saddle before you know it.

When my rear tire went down at speed, "after passing a tractor trailer" I got a slow motion tank slapper as I crossed the center line rumble strips. Just barely hung on. The rear tire is so large, when it goes down, it changes the geometry drastically. Tale it easy, and heal up. At least you're still here to talk about it.

Back