Looking at purchasing the Bug Bike exhaust for my '21 R3, but wanted to hear from Tino or someone who rides with the stock bags how they ended up working out? I don't want to purchase and exhaust that is going to melt my bags. **** bags cost enough already. Anyone using this exhaust have any issues with it or other comments?
I have had ZERO issues with my crappy stock Triumph bags - since installing the pipes and using the bags OFTEN.... zero issues with the heat.

That is what I want to know!
Left over insulation?
Reading back it sounds like no spark arrestors. From post #119.
With added baffles they might be a good option. I wonder how well they've held up after installation. Any broken tabs or welds leaking or broken, rust resistance and carbon finish? How about the kickstand pad, vibration? I do think it's one of the better looking aftermarket exhausts.

[IMG alt="mikec"]https://c.r3owners.net/data/avatars/m/11/11008.jpg?1605988490[/IMG]

mikec

.020 Over​

JoinedNov 14, 2020Messages22RideRocket 3 GT
What about performance? Any change? Is there any other contact info other than Facebook?
Thanks
The Bugbike pipes come completely open, no baffles. I noticed a loss of power in the lower rev range. But without baffles they are obscenely loud. Like, it hurts your ears to ride. And in the great nanny state of Australia, bound to earn you a defect from every cop you pass.
So i ordered some cheap baffles off eBay, and installed in the ends. Now it still sounds better and louder than stock, but not obnoxiously so. And the power has returned down low.
I’ve got the penner map on and it is way, way better than the stock map. Quicker throttle response everywhere, more top end power. It’s wicked!

I have the penner map on mine and that video was from a cold start, not much of a warmup so not sure why the sparks or if cold makes a difference [I'm a phone guy and know my place :cool: }... I'll have to do another video here when I get a chance, let it warm up and test for comparison. It's cold here now, so I'd be interested to see if that changes things... overall, very happy with the exhaust, look and sound and have had no problems since it was installed....

Back