Summer arrives in the Uk just in time for ...

I could be wrong Rocketman , but I think the only footrest position change came with the Roadster in 2010 . Where they were moved back to a more sporty position !

I could be wrong Rocketman , but I think the only footrest position change came with the Roadster in 2010 . Where they were moved back to a more sporty position !

Thanks Nat, the exhaust fits but the rear master cylinder is very close, so close that the original chrome cover to the top and rear of the cylinder won't go back on the heel plate.Now I've no problem doing away with the cover just don't want to melt the master cylinder and have another expense!

Thanks Nat, the exhaust fits but the rear master cylinder is very close, so close that the original chrome cover to the top and rear of the cylinder won't go back on the heel plate.Now I've no problem doing away with the cover just don't want to melt the master cylinder and have another expense!
Can you post up some pics ?

Think you have a system for a Roaster

If runs as hot as my Jardine's you will need the cover on there
Good looking bike RacerX, do you have any clearance issues with the rear master cylinder? Reason for asking is I picked up a Zard exhaust on eBay but was obviously designed for the more rearward mounted footrest rails.
Can anyone tell me how many footrest positions there have been on a Rocket and if and when they were changed? Mines a 2004 standard.
Hi RocketmanBristol

Thanks for the positive comment

It does run close to the rear bake but there is room just .I'm sure this has been said but it sounds like your Zard maybe setup for a later Roaster not early bike like ours .

A word of advice these pipe run seriously seriously HOT :mad::mad: if there is no heat sheild on them .

If you remove your rear brake cover I would guess at the very least it would boil the fluid or even melt the reservoir when standing .

For a couple of exhaust systems a half inch spacer and of course longer bolts are needed to move the brake reservoir.

Thanks for the reply’s guys, think it will have to be spaced for now, not too worried about the chrome covers as I prefer the more “functional “ look lol
May even wrap it if it gets too hot, certainly less work than getting some Roadster footrest bars and all the associated bits to shift everything back a couple of inched.

Thanks for the reply’s guys, think it will have to be spaced for now, not too worried about the chrome covers as I prefer the more “functional “ look lol
May even wrap it if it gets too hot, certainly less work than getting some Roadster footrest bars and all the associated bits to shift everything back a couple of inched.
Funny you should mention wrapping this is my beta version as I'm not a huge fan of the all wrapped up look i like to see the pipes BUT they do get HOT so just enough to keep the heat off me and my leg .
Used DEI Titanium wrap .

Attachments

• P1150111.JPG
    P1150111.JPG
    262.2 KB · Views: 1
Funny you should mention wrapping this is my beta version as I'm not a huge fan of the all wrapped up look i like to see the pipes BUT they do get HOT so just enough to keep the heat off me and my leg .
Used DEI Titanium wrap .

Am i seeing that you have the cylinder wrapped for good measure Racer?

Back