Summer arrives in the Uk just in time for ...

RacerX74

06 R3
Ride
The Mighty Triumph Rocket lll (06)
...Me to fit my newly refurbished Jardine system .
Needed a bit love and time when I got it But I'm super happy with the way its turned out .

The past few days in the south east have been glorious 20 - 25 degrees centigrade perfect weather to test the new pipes and some other stuff and ride some warm dry roads .Nirvana.

The pipes sound great its lost none of its midrange maybe gained a couple of pony's up top but revs some much cleaner and easier from 5000- 6500 rpm and pulls like a train as I also installed a special sauce Hanso Tune I got sometime ago .

Also ditched the standard radiator expansion tank and drilled some holes in the bear claw to allow the old girl to suck as much o2 as possible .

As you can see I opted for a hard core no heat shield look trust me when I tell you this is not for the faint hearted the first minute in traffic it gets as hot as the outer rim of the sun the second minute its as hot as the centre of the sun after that I wimped out and started turning the motor off if standing still too long .
But you only feel it traffic otherwise you don't notice .

Couple of other things Avon Cobras are awesome forgot what warm rods and hot tyres felt like .
Shoei GT Air Santa got me is excellent it has the flip down dark visor built in and of course a Pin lock visor insert that like some kind of magic trick the way that works very light and well made .
Got a new Jacket today that has ALL safety features you would want but does not really look like a bike jacket very comfy and works really well even has a water proof inner liner and can be worn off the bike .

Done 240 miles on the Rocket toady love it ;) P1150077.JPG P1150079.JPG P1150080.JPG P1150085.JPG P1150086.JPG P1150087.JPG P1150088.JPG P1150089.JPG P1150090.JPG

Attachments

• P1150076.JPG
    P1150076.JPG
    414.9 KB · Views: 3
That's all just too much coolness for my little brain to take ! Bin blistering hot here in the southwest and had to work every bloody day . By the time I got home I been too tired to ride . Now I finished the job and have some free time , sods law it's gonna rain ! :banghead: :banghead:
Your bike looks great . :thumbsup:

Bike looks good brutha!..what is that hoseclip doin on the join there?..i know its holding something but i have Jardines but no hoseclip...?
You are right it's a clamp I guess that join is a friction fit as it has no slots cut into it .
When I first run it up I had a small blow / leak from that joint I didn't want to use sealing paste to messy and not very serviceable so I thought maybe a clamp would just nip it up.
Sure enough it worked I used the largest thickest stainless steel clamp I could find as its in a very visible position .
I think it looks OK give it a feature ;)

Them tiny pipes are hot :confused: try the sidewinder then talk about hot:D
They could be wider Carpenter's do look good but they only have one muffler makes the nearside look a bit unfinished .
Also do I not remember something about hot gasses travel faster through a narrow pipe ;)

Back