Stopped for gas and bike won't start.

Jallen3.14

Turbocharged
Ride
05 Rocket III
Turns over but won't catch. I hear the fuel pump click a few times when I turn the master on, but I never paid enough attention to what it normally sounds like .

Shop is closed until Tuesday, what can I try over the weekend myself?

Check battery voltage under load.
Some times they just suddenly go and have enough to spin the motor but not enough voltage for the ecm.

You stopped for gas but did you fill it up? sorry just being a smart arse. Check the basics like spark, fuel, hope all goes well

Not only did you fill it up, but did you use gas? Don't laugh...it could happen....

Do you think I'm a complete moron? I can assure you gentlemen - I am only a partial moron... I actually had that thought - the pumps also have a diesel nozzle and for a panicked moment I thought I might have used that . I dipped a finger to be sure.

Check battery voltage under load.
Some times they just suddenly go and have enough to spin the motor but not enough voltage for the ecm.

Interesting. Would there be any other symptoms? The needles do their little dance and everything. I'll check this as soon as my neighbor finishes his breakfast so he can hold the meter.

Do you think I'm a complete moron? I can assure you gentlemen - I am only a partial moron... I actually had that thought - the pumps also have a diesel nozzle and for a panicked moment I thought I might have used that . I dipped a finger to be sure.

Interesting. Would there be any other symptoms? The needles do their little dance and everything. I'll check this as soon as my neighbor finishes his breakfast so he can hold the meter.

Not really when they go they go with all the new electronics voltage is critical sometimes you can get a little warning but usually not.

Once you turn ignition on if the voltage start collapsing fast that would be a good indication too even before you hit the start button.

How old is your battery and do you keep a trickle charge all the time?

Sounds like the battery is pooing itself...?
That's weird. I have n Indian buffet for lunch, but it's my battery that poos itself. I'm not complaining...

Once you turn ignition on if the voltage start collapsing fast that would be a good indication too even before you hit the start button.
Yep. Low at 12.5 (not surprising with 8-10 failed start attempts), started dropping faster than moviepass stock as soon as I hit the master switch and 10.25 while cranking...

How old is your battery and do you keep a trickle charge all the time?
Dunno. Called the PO (a friend) who had no idea how old it was. His excuse was "I have so many motorcycles...." Zero sympathy from me on that score. I don't typically keep a charger on it during riding season - only when it'll be idle for more than a week or two.

Off to Batteries Plus. We'll see in a bit if you guys win the Click & Clack Award for Off Site Tele-diagnostics. I'm rooting for you!

That's weird. I have n Indian buffet for lunch, but it's my battery that poos itself. I'm not complaining...

Yep. Low at 12.5 (not surprising with 8-10 failed start attempts), started dropping faster than moviepass stock as soon as I hit the master switch and 10.25 while cranking...

Dunno. Called the PO (a friend) who had no idea how old it was. His excuse was "I have so many motorcycles...." Zero sympathy from me on that score. I don't typically keep a charger on it during riding season - only when it'll be idle for more than a week or two.

Off to Batteries Plus. We'll see in a bit if you guys win the Click & Clack Award for Off Site Tele-diagnostics. I'm rooting for you!

Hope that it!!

We are ALL half moron at one time or another...hopefully you get this sorted.

Back