Stebel Air Horn

barzeen said:
I need a heated garage ...
:) yeah, that helps. It's really not a bad job. One nice January thaw day and you can have this completed on you driveway. The most time consuming thing was the planning and figuring out the bracketry and stuff. If you did all that in your basement, it's only a couple of hour job. I'll walk you through any of the details if your interested. PM me if you like, and we can talk.

WJ said:
Good grief! I think I'll just go for straight pipes.

You'll find out when/if you do any work yourself on your bike that these little details given here will save you time, money and do-overs when performing mods. We learn from each other and the advice given on this forum comes from people with some experience and being thoughtful helping to eliminate mistakes and future problems for you. There are some very creative minds around here and the info is free. 8)

Awesome! I like your mounting position for the air compressor MUCH better. I looked there and instantly dismissed it thinking that there was no room.

So I'm officially moving my compressor to the RH side panel.

Great idea! Thanks for posting all the pics and details.

Since this thread came back to life ... I thought I'd share a funny anecdote.

It's not the best of weather here in Oregon right now, but I don't let that stop me from riding. Early this morning I had the bike warming up and I was suiting up in my rain gear, which can be a bit of an event, and the bike stalled while idling (it was pretty cold).

Anyway, I was half suited up, the bike dies, so I reach over, pull in the clutch, and since I only have one hand free, I push down hard and long on the HORN button instead of the starter. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ooops! Just a stupid mistake, but that ****ed thing is shockingly loud every time she blows.

Anyway, I love my stebel horn, but my wife and kids aren't so sure about my using it for a morning wake up call.

biker1059 said:
So how high did you jump? :D :D

It certainly gave me an unexpected jolt there in the garage at 8:00 in the morning. I'm just glad it wasn't earlier ... for the neighbor's sake :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scot In Exile said:
I have the rivco risers on my bike and I have no problem what so ever with lifting the tank with only the front bolt removed :? :? :?

I'm really curious on how that is possible? What model is your bike?

I can't see how they couldn't?

So, please tell! 8)

Same bike as when I was riding with you John 2005std.
I raised my tank today to install my K&N filters, remove the front bolt lift the tank up and pull the chrome latch towards the seat and hey presto up the tank comes. :wink:

Scot In Exile said:
Same bike as when I was riding with you John 2005std.
I raised my tank today to install my K&N filters, remove the front bolt lift the tank up and pull the chrome latch towards the seat and hey presto up the tank comes. :wink:

I get my bike back tomorrow (getting a new Avon on the rear). I'm gonna' take some pics to show where my interference is. Of course, I have the gage pods removed.

Back