PianoMan

Nitrous
I was in a hurry the other day and just pulled extra close to the pump and filled the tank without getting off the Rocket. I caught myself sliding back and forth on the seat as I kept checking the fuel level. Then I saw this video and thought......what is the chance of this happening for bikers. Hopefully the percentage is real LOW.

http://media.putfile.com/Static-Electricity-At-The-Pump

How about running a house on static electricity? You could just rub a toaster real fast on your hair and then pop in the bread. I think the real secret would be keeping the house free of humidity, have thick carpeting and nylon socks. That sparks other ideas.

Well I thought Mythbusters tried to duplicate some of the cell phone/gas station fire myths and REALLY had to be outrageous to duplicate. I believe they also tried to duplicate some static electricity fires with much difficulty. In the end my wife recalls Mythbusters Busted the Myth but I'm not sure now? Sure seems conceivable!

Unless your on fire, follow this.....
...Don't panic and don't take the nozzle out. Just stop fueling. The fumes can not burn without oxygen so it would only be a small flame after initial oxygen in tank burn-off. Then get a something to smoother out the small flames near opening. Preferably a wet towel. Use your shirt if need be.

If your on fire.....well best of luck with the tuck and roll.

Did you notice that the gas barely burned? Today's gas just isn't very flamable. We sit around the shop and throw matches into cans of gas and we can't get it to burn... usually it just puts the match out. I remember gas back in the 60's would go off if you looked at it funny...

I remember an English show about cars,they had a 4cyl. head upside down,injectors pumping and sparkplugs igniting the fuel and it threw a 3ft flame on all 4.Spectacular at night as they carried off this flame show.Thanks PianoMan for that heads up,don't know what I'd do if that ever happened,Jimbeamrye suggestion may register but probably not CRS ya know affects us old folk.Tomo I know you can trow a lit smoke in gas and it will go out.I just don't think you would find me anywhere around there thats for sure.Burn Baby Burn!:flame:

Back