Thinking about selling my Super Charged R3

rabtech

.040 Over
This isn't a ad to sell my Rocket (at least not yet). I have a 2006 R3 with the Rotrex Blower. It had pretty much everything you can buy on it. It has 6500 miles and runs absolutely perfect. It has also had the complete Triumph "upgrade" kit installed. The kit that replaced the parts in the tranny, and the plug wires, and the output shaft bearing and whatever else was in the kit. I think it was part number that was something like t000009. Also , I had the bike painted completely with the mulberry color. It had tiny scuffs where the tank bag rubbed it. So it has a perfect fresh paint job. I don't have to tell y'all what this bike is and how it performs. It is the ultimate sleeper. The reason I want to part with it is because I now ride with a bunch that likes to ride tight twisty roads AND my wife no longer rides with me. The roads are pretty close to knee to knee twisty roads. I bought a Ducati Diavel and it is a little better. But I still have to watch my exhaust scrubbing.

The real reason for this post is to get an idea of the value. I have a rough idea of what it will bring but I want to hear other peoples idea. Ill include a picture so you can see the bike. I don't won't to place it for sale on Ebay and price it to low and I don't won't to price myself out of the market either.

Thanks in advance. \
Robert

Attachments

• IMG_0731.jpg
    IMG_0731.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 214
Man thats a beautiful machine!

Thanks, I really have enjoyed it. It has been a perfect bike. And I can't believe I'm even thinking about selling it. I just ride the Ducati more often. I guess you could say every tool in the garage has a purpose. And I don't do anything now that requires this tool.

I put the supercharger on it at about 500 miles. I even have a photo documentary of the complete install and every step. It has MTC clutches, new tires, new paint, I even have this cool tank bag and tank cover that is color matched. It has the gel seat and the windshield is the Cee Baileys 4 inch taller one. Ill stick a picture of the new Ducati on here just so people can print it out and throw darts at it... :D

I think you can even see the tank cover and bag on the triumph in the background. Im not putting it back on with the new paint. Ill let the new owner do that. It just needs some kind of soft cloth between the cover and the paint. Kinda like a cloth you would clean your eyeglasses with maybe.

What is cool is that everyone that walks into my garage automatically think the Ducati will outrun the rocket. Truth is the Ducati isn't even in the same league as the Rocket. Now we all know that a good rider on the right road can carve up the rocket and spit it out. But from 0-150 this rocket will always be out front.

I think Im going to copy and paste my post over on the .com site also so I can get a little larger audience on the subject. Heck it may turn out that people have a completely different idea of what its worth that I do. Its just hard to price this kind of bike, at least it is for me. Thanks in advance for the future post.

Attachments

• IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 182
Both bikes are sweet mate good luck with the Diavel and the sale of the rocket. Just one thing that looks odd is a blower with standard headers whoever buys it has gotta change that IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rabtech, Thats the Ducati that I like how is it? is it fast? its got the 240 tire on the back as well does it cornner a lot better then the Rocket?

rabtech, Thats the Ducati that I like how is it? is it fast? its got the 240 tire on the back as well does it cornner a lot better then the Rocket?

It is a totally different feeling than the rocket. The rocket is really super stable and because of its stability it will push you into the turns much harder. The Ducati will also push you into a turn but because you can lean a little more you can come out just a little easier. I like the ABS and the Traction control. The only thing bad about having traction control on is when the front tire eases off the ground the power cuts out and you hammer your gentleman parts into the tank. :eek:

This happens on any level you set it to. I have my Diavel tuned to perfection (or really close to it) and it makes about 148 hp. I think at the crank its supposed to make 162 stock so I figure the 148 at the tire is pretty good.

One super huge downside is the cost of all the aftermarket goodies. The Termi Exhaust and ECU and K&N filter is 4000.00. The tiny saddle bag on back seat (which is matched to factory seat) cost nearly 500.00. And the "touring" windshield seen in my picture is 400.00.

sorry it took me so long to post back. I carried it and my diavel to deals gap last weekend. I let a friend that normally rides a drifter ride it. I may keep it for a spare. If someone wants to make a offer on it that is reasonable go ahead and message me.

Back