Son-In-Law gets a Trumpy

atomsplitter

Living Legend
Ride
17 T-120 Black, 20 Bobber Black, 98 Trophy 1200
Some time back my son-in-law was getting Speed Triple Fever and even had a 2010 Anniversary Edition lined up to buy when he got cold feet and backed out of the deal. So to assuage his angst for a ride I gave him my 79 Yamaha XS1100 as an interim ride. The XS pulls like a freight train and is a blast to ride, but the clubman bars limit the time you can ride without cramping up. So Tom went on the prowl for another Speed Triple (better ergos). So two weeks ago we drove to Broken Bow, Oklahoma where he acquired a 2006 Speed Triple he could afford. (I think he was jealous after I bought a 2017 Bonneville T-120 Black and he needed a black bike of his own.) So these past couple weekends we've been tearing up the tarmac around Ft. Worth on our Trumpys and having a really good time!

On a related note, I'm taking the Rocket with me to Kansas at the end of this month for some riding with my brothers and when we get off the bikes we'll pull out the artillery and do some Tannerite target blasting. We're calling this event "Gorman Brother's Shoot and Scoot 2021." I'll post up some pics and Mark will likely post up the Tannerite results on Youtube. We'll see how much of Kansas we can get airborne.....(I bought twelve 5lb targets for the occasion).

... So to assuage his angst for a ride I gave him my 79 Yamaha XS1100 as an interim ride. The XS pulls like a freight train and is a blast to ride, but the clubman bars limit the time you can ride without cramping up. ...
Aaaaah, the gold old days. An 81 XS1100SF was my first "big" bike. Loved it. Great torque and handled well. Decided I finally needed to actually get my MC License, so I took the test on it. Fond memories....

I agree, fun scoot. Here's a pic of the current bike (back in my garage because he can't fit two bikes in his (yet)).

Attachments

• shocks 4.jpeg
    shocks 4.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 10
  • XS1100 shocks 1.jpeg
    XS1100 shocks 1.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 10
I agree, fun scoot. Here's a pic of the current bike (back in my garage because he can't fit two bikes in his (yet)).
Thanks for the memoriesI I miss the old girl. I can what you mentioned about see the bars, my bars were definitely higher. When I can find a pic of mine (Waaaayyyy before digital) I will post it.

Back