Added pics.
Question: When you talk of the Triumph touring seat vs. Corbin which dual touring Triumph seat do you have? I have a spare new gel seat. I bought the spare when I noticed the newer ( 2016 ) model had different material. If the gel seat will help your seat height dilemma, I am willing to give you a sweet deal.

It fits with the bike mounted passenger backrest. If you area asking about drivers backrest, I am not sure if the Triumph one will fit, bt the mount is 5/8" ID square.
The one I bought was the gel touring seat which is much more comfortable than the stock seat.

The one I bought was the gel touring seat which is much more comfortable than the stock seat.
For my information, is your gel seat lower than the Corbin or the stock Triumph twin? I'm hoping that I can get this gel seat to a Captain who needs/wants one.

I thought the gel seat is about the same as the corbin. It does sit lower than the stock seat. I don't know how much but I could tell the difference sitting on them.

I thought the gel seat is about the same as the corbin. It does sit lower than the stock seat. I don't know how much but I could tell the difference sitting on them.
Thanks for the information. Maybe catch up this spring or summer for a meet. Nice day ride.

Selling Corbin Dual Touring seat. Bought the seat for my 2015 R3 Touring hoping it would lower my seating height. Unfortunately it did not. Decided to go a different direction. Seat is like new. Less than 500miles on it. Will sell for $300 or best offer.

Selling Corbin Dual Touring seat. Bought the seat for my 2015 R3 Touring hoping it would lower my seating height. Unfortunately it did not. Decided to go a different direction. Seat is like new. Less than 500miles on it. Will sell for $300 or best offer.

The Corbin backrest and the R3T seat with backrest are very different. I've had Corbins and now the Triumph. The latter bolts permanently fixes to the bottom of the seat with four bolt/nuts while the Corbin just drops in the hole in the seat. One can make it semi permanent by putting a bolt through the bottom before installing the seat. I never did that, preferring to be able to easily install and remove it.

There are used Corbin backrests on ebay ranging from about $50 to $150. I got mine for my 07 Classic on ebay in leather for $60 in like new condition.

That is a very nice seat at a good price. If I didn't already have the Triumph touring seat I'd be all over that like ugly on an ape.

Back