**SOLD** DEcosse Solid State Keyless Ignition w/ Immobilizer and extended harness $200

He must have connected a wrong wire or something. Never a problem between my @DEcosse keyless three different Sena units!
I did 200 miles today and used my Sena a lot. I had no issues. Before, I removed the keyless ignition my comm never worked properly.

Does your DEcosse keyless ignition have the engine immobilizer? I know it was an added expense and something makes me think it was a newer addition to DEcosse's keyless ignition system.

I did 200 miles today and used my Sena a lot. I had no issues. Before, I removed the keyless ignition my comm never worked properly.

Does your DEcosse keyless ignition have the engine immobilizer? I know it was an added expense and something makes me think it was a newer addition to DEcosse's keyless ignition system.

While I don't know what that is, I and R3Tex were early users of the @DEcosse keyless. So not very likely.

I don't remember it being an option or being asked if I wanted that, but mine is a newer one.

I've had two -- both worked great -- only gave up the early one as @DEcosse was making a special for one of our special members, and I was looking for an upgrade.

With all the successful, non-problem users here, and you being the only one singling out that unit, the odds are it's coincidence, and something else changed in the interval.

the odds are it's coincidence, and something else changed in the interval.

This is not possible. I spent almost a year fooling around with my Sena and trying to find the issue. All with no success. I tried new firmware, and factory resets. I removed other electrical components. Each time testing to see if I had isolated the issue. The last thing I did was to remove the keyless ignition. Since that day, not a single issue. I’ve now clocked 400-500 trouble free miles. Every trip with the keyless ignition my Sena would not work while my R3T was running. However, the Sena would operate before and after I started the engine. My buttons on my headset and remote would not work, but I could transmit if another Sena initiated the intercom. However, I could not terminate the intercom, my friend would have to do that as well.

I feel like there is some strange electronic interference caused by the Immobilizer circuit. Many DEcosse keyless ignitions don’t have this option. If you find this so hard to believe, then I I can mail it to you. You can install it on your bike and then report the results.

This is not possible. I spent almost a year fooling around with my Sena and trying to find the issue. All with no success. I tried new firmware, and factory resets. I removed other electrical components. Each time testing to see if I had isolated the issue. The last thing I did was to remove the keyless ignition. Since that day, not a single issue. I’ve now clocked 400-500 trouble free miles. Every trip with the keyless ignition my Sena would not work while my R3T was running. However, the Sena would operate before and after I started the engine. My buttons on my headset and remote would not work, but I could transmit if another Sena initiated the intercom. However, I could not terminate the intercom, my friend would have to do that as well.

I feel like there is some strange electronic interference caused by the Immobilizer circuit. Many DEcosse keyless ignitions don’t have this option. If you find this so hard to believe, then I I can mail it to you. You can install it on your bike and then report the results.

OK I being a noble soul and champion of the underdog will accept the challenge and happily pay postage! ;):D

I have Sena 10 too that I have never used and a Decosse early series fitted which I do.
I can swap-out and install yours, compare and report too.

Do you want it back afterwards?;)

@Ishrub you have always been square with me. I really would like someone else to try it now that I have been given so much grief about the issue. I thought I might sell it to someone who doesn't use comms. I did not want to sell it to someone without making the disclosure about my issues with this particular unit.

It would be ideal to find someone else with a touring with a McCruise and the exact same comm as me. The Sena 10Upad is integrated into the cheek pads of the HJC modular helmet. The comm is a separate upgrade to the HJC helmet.

I am thinking I may just toss the keyless ignition in the bin anyway. My classified post was never intended to turn into what it has. I don't know why the keyless ignition has caused me problems. I don't blame anyone, the keyless ignition works great in and of itself. However, something about my particular bike, the comm, and the keyless ignition do not work well together.

I am not an electrical engineer or I might be able to diagnose the problem. However, if nothing else I am a professional researcher and a decent mechanic. I have been involved in the restoration of multiple vehicles in my 42 years. My father was an auto mechanic and he taught me volumes on the subject. I have looked the world over for others with similar issues with DEcosse keyless ignitions, none found. I researched issues with my particular comm, no similar issues found. I checked off every possible solution short of removal, none solved the problem. I then removed the keyless ignition and found the culprit.

Some here take my disclosure as a criticism of DEcosse, that is not what it was intended to be. DEcosse has been nothing but kind to me. His products are very well thought out and expertly crafted.

I am honest and ethical. I wanted potential buyers to know about my issues. My decision to remove the keyless start took me almost a year. I only stated what I experienced with the particular unit that I am selling.

If you really want to test it out, hell I will send it to you. I don't know if you will experience the same issues or not. A huge part of me wishes I would have **** canned the thing to begin with. Send me a PM if you are serious.

@EM549 IF you decide to toss the keyless ignition in the bin, I will gladly pay the trash man to ship it my way :thumbsup:. LMK...Oh, and I am an electrical engineer who is very familiar with the potential for units to go bad occasionally. As humans we just can’t be perfect as hard as we try. I have had wierd bluetooth interference with my systems so I feel you.

... Some here take my disclosure as a criticism of DEcosse, that is not what it was intended to be. DEcosse has been nothing but kind to me. His products are very well thought out and expertly crafted ... .
Absolutely none taken from my own perspective and reciprocally think you were indeed being very above board in declaring a potential compatibility issue

It's hard for me to perceive what the problem could possibly be - have no way to test it without having the Sena system.
Others have my system so I remain unconvinced (I would be more likely to point at the Sena & say IT has the problem LOL!)

I certainly don't believe has anything to do with the Immobilizer Feature which is a purely DC option - no frequency of any kind involved in that.
However if you wanted to eliminate that feature, I could very easily (and free - just cover postage) re-configure it to eliminate that if you wanted to try without.
I'd also like to know more about how the Sena controller is wired on the bike (into which circuit it receives power).

Please don't bin it - nor (in my opinion most respectfully) should anyone seek to opportunistically take advantage to try and pick this up free - it is extremely well valued at $200.

Back