Side-car rig with my pup first long ride success

JSHRAM

.060 Over
Ride
2011 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
450 mile ride from Mesa, AZ to Cedar City, UT through Payson AZ, Pine AZ, Mormon Lake AZ, Flagstaff AZ, Page AZ, Kanab UT, Duck Creek UT. Awesome back roads, great weather and learned a lot about the long haul with my best friend. Getting ready for a trip with the pup to Burbank, WA on Sunday (three days I figure). 300-350 miles is best. 450 was a bit much, though I stopped a lot, like every 50-70 miles. Worst enemy is the heat, though we only had one hot stretch from Page to Kanab. The Rocket is a great bike for a side car. If you remember, my rig is a "leaner", so the bike leans independent of the car.. it rides like a bike, not a rigid hack.

97541356_273611927015430_5085858469559402496_n.jpg

P1015717.JPG

A number of years ago, the wife and I spent time exploring Cedar City and the surrounding area. One of my favorite areas. Ran a hack for a while and at every stop you'll be the center of attention. Enjoy.

So cool to be able to take your best Friend along with you. I have 2, so it's a little more complicated. I always miss my 2 best Friends, when I'm away on a ride.

Queensland Blue Heeler.
Smart brave a great breed of dog, im found because my daddy always told the story of tip was his name, to keep pops story short, they had a bull and a blue heeler named tip, that bull wouldn’t go in barn sometimes unless he was ready to. Well my grand pa would whistle for tip and that dog would tip toe towards that bull slow walking, that bull had learned from tip he wasnt playing, i never met tip of course but hes one of our families favorite

Queensland Blue Heeler.

I have had 2 blue healers. They're great dogs but lawd almighty, they are some stubborn arse hard headed things. At least both of mine were!

The elderly couple across the street adopted one that has the coolest markings on her. I will try to get a picture of her. Will have to be zoomed in though. If you get within 5 feet of Kay, that dog will EAT you.

@JSHRAM , on the sidecar bike. Did you find a way to get a reverse setup or do you just have to park wisely?

I have had 2 blue healers. They're great dogs but lawd almighty, they are some stubborn arse hard headed things. At least both of mine were!

The elderly couple across the street adopted one that has the coolest markings on her. I will try to get a picture of her. Will have to be zoomed in though. If you get within 5 feet of Kay, that dog will EAT you.

@JSHRAM , on the sidecar bike. Did you find a way to get a reverse setup or do you just have to park wisely?
Park wisely, very wisely.... I can push it back if it's flat.. but up-hill? nah... course folks are always willing to put a set of hands on the windscreen and give a push!

Back