[Sep 24, 2014] 15th Annual Bikes, Blues, and BBQ (Fayetteville, AR)

Need to start making plans to get together and go eat somewhere since i don't want to stand in line for BBQ, :)

OK, let's start plannin this thing. I reckon later in the week would be best. Would everyone be on board Thursday for a meet and greet. Maybe around 1:00 in the afternoon? Maybe a bit of a ride after pressing the flesh. Dinner somewhere? Ideas???

Just over a week before I get loaded and travel through boring Illinois and on to the sweetest roads west of the Mississippi. Hey STB, you still laid off? Come out to the BBQ. My treat.

Well I've been here all week. Have not seen 1 Rocket. Not even any triumphs. Having a good time. The only disappointment we have found is Hooters is closed.:oops:

I was at the Baum ballpark last night at dusk for a short while gawking at stuff. Had to leave town this morning for a meeting in Oklahoma, but plan on checking things out at Dickson St tonight.

I just got back home a short while ago. Going to stay home this evening, but plan to be around tomorrow. I'll have my phone charged and will be checking this site frequently.

Rode back to Milwaukee today. 730 miles. Sorry we missed other Cap'ts. Had another great time. Lots of insanity on Dixon St. Cops were pretty cool with letting folks enjoy themselves.

Meant to be there by Thursday, but one in my group had a wreck on the Talimena drive in Oklahoma on the way. We had to improvise and get a hotel room in Fort Smith that night as he was in the ER and then in ICU at Mercy overnight. He ended up with several fractures in his ribs and a punctured lung. He's doing better now and may be released in a few days. The rest of us didn't make it in until Friday late afternoon. Saw only 2 other Triumphs...a Speed Triple and a Tiger, lots of Victorys and a few Indians...and of course several thousand token Harleys. Didn't spend much time at the rally, dragged Dickson Street twice and headed back to Devil's Den. Rode the Pig Trail on Saturday and had a blast! Took in quite a few local attractions. The scenery and the trails were fantastic, my hand is still a little bit numb from throttle application. Plan to be there again next year.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Getting out of the hospital soon should be a good sign. That Tiger you saw..was it on School st. near the public parking? I probably saw the same two. We rode Devils den twice. Most of Pig Trail. Once we arrived, we put on another 760 miles before we headed home on Sunday. Got home to hear the Pack kicked the Bears ass.

Back