Sensors on New R3

maurice

Nitrous
Ride
2020 R3 GT
There are 2 sensors. Does anyone know the relationship between them, are they dependent on each other, when starting manually with fob or key held on rear sensor, is front sensor involved?
When using keyless starting (fob)is rear sensor involved?
Want info before dealer working on it.

2 sensors for the same fob? I would think they are very short range, per the experience of having to keep them very close to the r3 to avoid that warning message. if that is the case, most likely they work in tandem to keep the fob in range of the length of the r3.

2 sensors for the same fob? I would think they are very short range, per the experience of having to keep them very close to the r3 to avoid that warning message. if that is the case, most likely they work in tandem to keep the fob in range of the length of the r3.
Sensors on the bike, 1 up front, other left rear of seat.

bump
hey guy i heard that with the fob turned off it will act like the key and u can start the bike if it is put by the seat where the key will start the bike?

bump
hey guy i heard that with the fob turned off it will act like the key and u can start the bike if it is put by the seat where the key will start the bike?
Just like my wife's Lexus. If battery is dead in the Fob just hold up to starter button and push with Fob in same hand and it's suppose to start. Rocket is probably the same I would think.

There are 2 sensors. Does anyone know the relationship between them, are they dependent on each other, when starting manually with fob or key held on rear sensor, is front sensor involved?
When using keyless starting (fob)is rear sensor involved?
Want info before dealer working on it.
recently went to start mine nothing wrong with keyless fob but could not get it to start light on dash came on warning =key not found minor glitch or other.
always carry my spare proper key along so just felt the under tray left side has two raised dot pimples in the plastic undertray placed key there and out went the could not find key light starts up no problem and no problem the very next time i used my fob either ?

Back