atomsplitter

Living Legend
Ride
17 T-120 Black, 20 Bobber Black, 98 Trophy 1200
Last week I decided to splurge on a dual Sena Headset (SMH10D) for Tom and I's weekend adventures. Today we had our first outing and it was brilliant. We tested the Bluetooth capability with his phone, both music and GPS and we could both hear the music and turn by turn from his phone while riding. Either of us tap our jog button and we were talking to each other, another tap and the GPS/music was back on. We were able to hold a conversation regardless of where we were and it came in really handy when we were looking for a gas station (peanut sized tank on my Bobber) and Tom slammed on his brakes on Southlake Blvd when he spotted a Texaco on his immediate right, and I said "KEEP GOING!" (so I didn't plant my Bobber into his Speed Triple, my ABS had kicked on and I was rolling right into him). He let go his brakes and went to the next driveway and all was well. He also could tell me well ahead where we would be turning as we were going around the back roads. No surprises. We both thought it was the best time riding together we had experienced. When he wanted to stop for a beverage he didn't have to make me guess what he waas doing, he just said, "I'm going to that Dunkin Donut for a tea," and I replied "right behind you." NO shouting at each other through full face helmets at stop lights, arm flapping, or hand signals, just a normal conversational tone. I LIKE IT!!

Oh yes these helmet communicators makes a ride much more enjoyable. My buddy Jerry and I chat almost our entire ride. I purchased a Sena 10S duel set a few years ago and gave Jerry one of the units. He has 4 of them now. He has about 10 different helmets he uses.

Is there a trick to getting the Rocket & Sena working as flawlessly as yours does? I have a Sena paired with my iphone and the iPhone with the Rocket. I can control the music with the joystick, but no sound comes through the headset. If I switch the phone to the Sena instead of the Rocket, I can listen to music, but cannot control via the joystick. It’s quite frustrating. The dealer has not been knowledgeable enough to help.

Back