Secondary's ....Huh ?

After 59 years of motor cycle experience I consider myself an experienced Rider/driver ,you may have more or less experience I started riding motorcycles and driving tractors on the farm from 10 ,and have held a heavy combination licence since I was 20, I embrace any technology that makes for a safer ride in any vehicle, I am capable of riding motor cycles without "gimmicks" and did so for most of my riding life ,I have several cars,4WDs, motorcycles and am in partnership with my Son in a small fleet of Semi trailers and Mack Primemovers and have more than likely ridden and driven as many or more Klms than most ,and firmly believe if Technology is available to make myself and other road users safer then bring it on,
PS riding slowly on the Freeway in the rain is a recipe for disaster,bikes are hard to see anytime but in the rain on a 110kph freeway almost invisible
I apologise if you find my opinion offensive or insulting that was not my intention

It after all is just my opinion

Take a moment and ask yourself ...do I ride a motorcycle because it's safe I think I know what most honest bikers would say

I say again ride to the conditions if you are on a 110kph freeway and visibility is poor stop take a break let the weather pass don't ride on confident and complacent in the thought that the computer on your bike or the car behind will save you

Surely on this forum we don't pray at the alter of motorcycle technology .......do we ? If we do maybe we should sell the R3's and buy a Kawasaki Ninja H2 instead

Be it a song or a casual conversation
To hold my tongue speaks
Of quiet reservations
Your words once heard
They can place you in a faction
My words may disturb
But at least there's a reaction ;)

Surely on this forum we don't pray at the alter of motorcycle technology .......do we ? If we do maybe we should sell the R3's and buy a Kawasaki Ninja H2 instead

You may believe that, but our bikes are dependent upon their technology to run. Disconnect the ECU and see how well she goes down the road. Every bit of performance squeezed out of them goes hand in hand with modifying the values in the ecu.

I like all kinds of bikes, vintage and modern both have their charm, but anything that makes a bike go faster, stop faster, and lean over further is good. I don't ride motorcycles because they are unsafe.

Does removing it make any difference if they arr set open?
Ok my bet is if you leave them in then every clutch pull tbey will start to close while tbe clutch handle is in much like neutral. Now I have not road down the road with the filters off and checked. But i suspect it would close. Even with the gigpro it loses track as soon as you pull the clurch in. Of a quick shift it wouldn't get to far. More gradual, more closed. Just speculation though.

Last edited:
I apologise if you find my opinion offensive or insulting that was not my intention

Take a moment and ask yourself ...do I ride a motorcycle because it's safe I think I know what most honest bikers would say

I say again ride to the conditions if you are on a 110kph freeway and visibility is poor stop take a break let the weather pass don't ride on confident and complacent in the thought that the computer on your bike or the car behind will save you

No offense taken all good, and as a matter of fact I gave my R3T to my son to repair and keep after its gearbox Sh** its self , and bought a new Kawasaki GTR1400 (Concourse) and love all the safety Gimmicks Some of our Freeways have long distances between exit ramps and the breakdown lanes are kill zones during bad visibility times

To hold my tongue speaks
Of quiet reservations
Your words once heard
My words may disturb

You may believe that, but our bikes are dependent upon their technology to run. Disconnect the ECU and see how well she goes down the road. Every bit of performance squeezed out of them goes hand in hand with modifying the values in the ecu.
A computer controlling what's going in inside the cylinder for the sake of performance and economy is one thing .
A computer sitting in-between the twist grip and the brake lever is another ;)

To hold my tongue speaks
Of quiet reservations
Your words once heard
My words may disturb
But at least there's a reaction;)

To hold my tongue speaks
Of quiet reservations
Your words once heard
My words may disturb

no offense taken, all good, obviously if possible I get off the freeway when its raining heavily ,unfortunately a lot of our freeways only have off ramps at major towns/suburbs and the stopping in breakdown lanes is entering a killing zone in poor visibility conditions even in a car, on a motorcycle even more dangerous ,broken down trucks regularly are tail ended in the rain so a biker has no chance
I actually have bought a new Kawasaki 1400 GTR (concourse) after my R3T had catastrophic gear box failure and upon disassembly we found an almost failed (cracked) cam chain guide I had already replaced the water pump just over 40000 Klms being gently ridden and impeccable maintenance, My son who is a qualified diesel mechanic repaired the bike and I gave it to him to keep or whatever ,

Warp, that is an interesting thought. I wonder if that can be tested without the engine running? I'm going to see when I go out this morning to finish up my clutch job.

when u turn ign on the sec goes to 100% then back down. the sec work on rpm settings on each gear.
it is not going to do much not running.
i have mine set at 3500 rpm (100%) and when i am getting on it it never drops below 3500.

Back