Secondary's ....Huh ?

RacerX74

06 R3
Ride
The Mighty Triumph Rocket lll (06)
Searched the site on removal of these what's the current thinking can you just physically remove them ?

or is best to do it with Tuneecu

Currently running 20227 that as far as know has no other adjustments no idea what this does to the secondary's

Got RamAair and DP shorty's / cat delete any one got a good map that removes secondary's that works with these

@warp9.9 maybe you could give me another one of your very informative explanations on how these work and what they do

cheers ;)

Is the tune a Hans0 special or a bog standard Triumph tune? Mine is a 2007 and I'm running the Hans0 20228 tune but I have RamAir and Dave pRatt shorties?? In the Hans0 tune the secondaries are open 100% through the range. Some have removed the secondaries completely removed but being a bit of a Noob, I don't know how this affects the tune.

Last edited:
With tunecu u can set them at 100% open all the time or like mine i just set them at 100% at anytime above 3500 rpm.
i have them that way (jmo) because i think that with them working at low rpms i think it causes air turbulence that mixes the fuel.

@Claviger
Good poop. Rob!
I was considering removing mine even though they have been set at 100% since the 500 mile odo mark. :thumbsup:
BTW - On my November 3,000 mile Texas ride I thought of you nearly every time I greased it. :p
Thanks again for all your help with my TPS replacement!!! :inlove

Glad it worked out! Took the bike to work today...quite the adventure getting home at 1730 in a full on downpour, lol.

Glad it worked out! Took the bike to work today...quite the adventure getting home at 1730 in a full on downpour, lol.

I was driving back from trial today at that time.
The walk back to the parking lot got my nice suit all wet!? :mad:
I can only imagine the "fun" of riding 200+ RWHP on wet roads . . . :eek: :eek: :eek: :(

Back