Opened Secondary's

John Ward

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 Classic 2008
Hi All

My rocket has standard factory 3 Pipe set up and airbox.. it has a cat delete pipe fitted and I'm quite happy with the bike and performance as is... however I have ordered the ramair for ease of access to everything under tank related rather for any performance gain.

My question is Ive been playing around with tune ecu and after reading what posts on this forum have opened my secondary's 100% in all gears. Ive also copied settings from table I3 into tables I 1&2 as well. The bike feels a whole lot quicker in the lower gears now, but was wondering what other benefits I would get? Other than using more fuel etc.. I'm looking for usability more than flat out fun... So should I leave it as is or go back to a tamer tune if I'm not riding like a man possessed all the time.? And judging by what Ive read here leaving them open 100% in all gears wont cause any adverse damage?

I'm interested too in this question, ramair + cat delete pipe + TOR on 2009 rocket with 20228 maps

If you go with a modified tune most are not tuned for economy. Especially the people who want all the low end power that you normally don't use. So after dumping more fuel and air across the board the mpg usually suffers but the grin factor increases. You also will lose control of your right wrist as it will want to twist all the time.

Last edited:
If you go with a modified tune most are not tuned for economy. Especially the people who want all the low end power that you normally don't use. So after dumping more fuel and air across the board the mpg usually suffers but the grin factor increases. You also will lose control of your right wrist
s it will want to teist all the time.
Thank you Warp!
For sure we Will have big smile After these change, I'm sure I'll never use all the Power
I'm looking for a mano (i have tube ECU with canale) that Will foto well, no way to have d'uno tune

Back