second gear problems

**** .... here I was get'n all fired up 'bout drop'n down my hard earned bucks on a new 08' R3t and all I read is 'bout how much trouble y'all are have'n with these R3's.

Makes that 200,000 mi. oil gezz'n HD cop bike of mine take on a whole new light, maybe a 113 el bruto, a tranny make over, a little clutch action and I'm in there.

Then again ......

Sooo . . you've read about a half dozen (on the outside) bikes with issues that Triumph plans on fixing . . I myself have had NO problems with mine . . I ride the hell out of it. Many more like that. The problem is that the issues get posted here and people give support and ideas to those folks that ARE having problems. Those of us that dont have problems just read, ride and keep our ears open. They really are great bikes. Harley had cam issues, Yamaha replaced EVERY transmission in EVERY road star . . I owned one of those bikes too . . dealers were less than helpful on that one. I've been riding bikes for going on 40 years and this is the most fun I have had with my pants on in years. Dont let the forum posts scare you off.

Glad to hear you fired up RD

Your input RD as well as many others have helped me really enjoy my R3 EVERYDAY!.....Without your loudness I might be falling asleep! but you keep my interest and the best fun I have ever had riding and knowing what the heck I am riding!.......so keep up the shout! and to others here on the forum thanks for ALL your inputs and help! Think I will go back and get another glass of that wine!!!!
```````````Take care Ride safe to all!:D

**** .... here I was get'n all fired up 'bout drop'n down my hard earned bucks on a new 08' R3t and all I read is 'bout how much trouble y'all are have'n with these R3's.

Makes that 200,000 mi. oil gezz'n HD cop bike of mine take on a whole new light, maybe a 113 el bruto, a tranny make over, a little clutch action and I'm in there.

Then again ......

Dont fret all bike manufacturers have their issues ( as im sure you know). I own the R3T got just over 1000 miles and no problems thus far. There is the tire recall but if you buy one it will have the new tires on it so no worries there. and triumph decided to replace the gear sensor. Those are the only issues thus far. I love the R3T. It handles well.....plenty of power and torque. And very fun to ride. Take the windshield off and its a different bike. Just a blast!!!! Do some more research but you will find its a hard deal to beat!! Good luck and Welcome to the forum!!!!:D

mutt

Well then with all of the feed back I've gotten I'm guess'n $13,250.00 is a good deal for a brand new 0 miles 08' R3t?

The oil gezz'n HD will have ta be a back burner project.

Thanks Y'all

Ram

More "love" from Abusajack.... private message he sent me.
busajack said:
Hey Hillbilly..I need to be here to keep you dumb asses from spending more than needed on your unreliable Rockets. This site should be shut down by triumph for all the problems that it brings to light about the rocket. My comments arent sarcastic, they are meant to save unknowings from the same mistake you made.TE HE Wait till you try to get rid of it..LMAO Got my money out of mine before the world knew that they sucked. But now because clowns like you dont want to hear how they suck guys like me have to force feed ya..Where were you in 2004 when I joined this site. Right you didnt even know what a rocket was. If they wont ban Hombra they wont ban me. They have been asked before. Sonny. Good luck Love Jack Oh did ya see how many members just ignored ya

Remember.. I have a July '04 model as well. :) Coming up on 44,000 miles pretty quickly and the motor has never been apart except for a valve shim clearance check..
Sorry for the crappy pic.. Should have brought my wife's camera...

I bought a new left over 08 (date of mfg 7/07) standard rocket from triumph of windber (good people), the day I drove it home it would not shift into second gear smoothly, I kept missing second gear, if I moved my foot forward and really pulled hard it will go in! sometimes with some chatter! dealer said get some miles on it! I now have 800 miles on it, has not changed one bit! 3rd,4th,5th gears all shift solid and smooth! dealer spoke to factory and they said pull the motor and take apart! bike will be down 2 to 3 weeks! I am pissed! I have owned Yamahas - VMax, Maxim 1100, Kawsaki Ninja 900. Kawasaki H1 500 triple, HD Lowrider, and various street n trail and dirt bikes, I never had any tranny problems on any of those bikes! (yeah even the Harley with 102ci. engine with nitrous) I tried calling triumph and i was put through to Peter somebody, got his voice mail, left message, he never returned my call! there are obviously engineering and quality control issues! or I got a monday morning or end of day friday build? (just my luck) not sure what my plans are yet with this bike! depends on what triumph does! and if any thing else breaks! guess maybe I should have tried saving my money and got a new V Max!
Make sure you have 4T oil in your engine , it makes a big difference shifting too! "Be Safe"

Back