triroketman

Supercharged
Have any of you guys tried the scala rider bluetooth headsets that are supposed to communicate with bluetooth devices and the passenger? I would like to try one if it is worth the money. I have tried these types of things in the past with very little success. Any advice would be appreciated.

Have any of you guys tried the scala rider bluetooth headsets that are supposed to communicate with bluetooth devices and the passenger? I would like to try one if it is worth the money. I have tried these types of things in the past with very little success. Any advice would be appreciated.

Can you elaborate a little on "tried them with very little success" trirok ? My Scala works well for me with my GPS, passenger link and iPhone (but I don't use it for music).

Everyone's requirements vary a little, so some info on where they have let you down in the past will help with responses.

Pete

I have one, but barely ever use it. It's fine if I'm going under 30mph, but I cant hear anything from the speaker when I'm at cruising speed. I've been thinking about trying the N-Com, its comes with 2 speakers so hopefully I'll be able to adjust it high enough to hear...

My wife and I have the Q2 Multiset (2 headsets). It works quite well as a bike-to-bike intercom. She's just learning to ride so I have to turn mine off during the first 5 minutes of riding because she's cussing me out for getting her into riding. Once she settles down, I turn it back on and we have a great day.

I also use it with my phone and people cannot tell that I'm on a motorcycle doing 70 mph down the Interstate.

Note: the Q2 is not "stereo bluetooth" and some have reported difficulties getting it to work with Garmin GPS units. The newer G4 model does not have this issue since it is a true "stereo bluetooth" otherwise known as A2DP.

I have the scala team set. Works great and you can be pretty far apart on the road and still get clear intercom. Works dandy with my cell phone, you have to plug in for your music but cell is Bluetooth. You can also have a gps at the same time as above. Takes the charge for a long time. One button push to use voice dialing.

Someone mentioned sound issues... I just bought chair felts from home depot (the things that go under the chair legs and stop the floor from getting scratched). Stuck them on the inside of my helmet to being the speakers a little closer to my ear. I also got a smaller foam thing for the mic from the local office supply store so it would fit a little easier in the helmet. I don't like the feeling of chewing on the mic when riding.

Buttons are big and easy to use even with big heated gloves.

No complaints yet.

The problem with the one that I had years ago, was that the mics picked up so much wind noise while going down the road that you couldn't hear anything but noise. Also I was unaware that the scala rider needed to be hard wired to use an MP3 player.

The problem with the one that I had years ago, was that the mics picked up so much wind noise while going down the road that you couldn't hear anything but noise. Also I was unaware that the scala rider needed to be hard wired to use an MP3 player.

I believe you'll find that problem of wind noise has been eliminated now (as long as you have your mike facing the right way :D )......I don't need to hard wire for music as I have it downloaded in my Garmin 550 (but don't use it as the stereo sound is very poor..........sometimes I wonder :rolleyes: ......)

Pete

Back