Russell Day-Long Seat

tempname

.020 Over
A couple weeks ago I rode up to Shasta Lake to do a "Ride-In" at Russell Cycle Products, had them build a Day-Long seat for me, they take photos of me on the bike, I brought photos of my wife on the back, they get all our dimensions, inseam, height, weight etc. and build a seat for us.

It is the most comfortable seat I have ever set upon, I have a Mustang seat on my VTX with well over 50,000 miles on it and I thought it was the perfect seat, I have been proven wrong, this Day-Long will make some of my long rides shear pleasure.

It is about 200 miles up there, by the time I got there my A$$ was sore, when I headed home that evening I never once felt any discomfort all the way home, I felt no hot spots or any sign of Monkey butt, it was as though I was sitting on a seat made just for me. :D

It may not be a sporty looking seat but if you want to do a few hundred miles a day this is the ticket.

30821202330.jpg
[/img]

In an odd way, I think it looks just right for the RIII. Weird and non-standard, just like the old girl. I just bought a seat from a fellow Captain just so I can mail it in and have them make me one. Your testimonial reaffirms my intent.

Thanks and enjoy the ride!

Bob

OOOOooow Harry, thats a nice seat 8) Iv just got hold of a spare stock rider seat ready too send off with the pillion to have a set made up.... 8) :lol:

Nice looking seat. 8)

Are there any water drainage channels as it looks like it would hold water when it rains - or don't you have rain in CA? :wink:

I have a Corbin and that holds a puddle when on the side stand. :(

My production date was November 1st. I can't wait to get my seat back! It's been gone for 3 weeks now!

As for water in the seat, any good seat will do that, it's the shape and the seams.
Buy yourself the cover that fits the seat if it's a problem for you.

Actually looking at it when it's on the kick stand it appears that it will drain, I selected the Rectangle stitching pattern and it has a stitch line in the low point of the seat, but only rain will tell.

I occasionally end up riding in bad weather, so I will eventually find out if it drains or retains. :D

Back