Am not sure that the Italian firm in question has "beaten" Triumph to the production of such a machine (or "monstruosity" in my book):confused: . That is, there is no evidence (that I know of) that Triumph is actively pursuing the tourer/dresser avenue, other than with its existing line of windshields and bags. Jamie

Pig9r: (I mean dad):

Good grief Charlie Brown, I hope not. That bike is fugly. The pumpkin colored seat is way over the top and down the other side.

I'd have to agree with Jamie. I don't see Bloor pursuing a touring bike tack with the R3 as of now. Other than a full frame mount fairing and lowers as well as a top mount box and passenger backrest, there are enough aftermarket bits out there to assemble a tourer.

I also believe that it would be a hard market to break into. You already have the Harley touring bikes, the Goldwing, Venture and the Cavalcade to go up against. I'd venture (no pun intended) that between HD and Honda, probably 90% of the luxo-tourer market is sewed up.

I would love see a tourer with the grunt of the R3. But for some reason Honda dropped the Valk. That bike today has a strong following. the Valk Interstate is truly a crossover bike in my mind. I have some strange tastes and I fail to see why that bike failed to meet Honda's sales figures. There are enough people out there scooping them up, there may be a new market Triumph could hit with perfect timing, I think the Valk was just ahead of the curve. I say go for it with a Performance Crusier/Tourer. :cool:

Calvacade

Flip, the Calvacade has been gone a long time now (somewhere in the 90's), generally among us tourers we only consider the Gold Wing, HD Electra Glide series, BMW and the Venture as legitimate touring rides. Obviously, any motorcycle that has saddlebags and is reasonably comfortable (for it's particular rider) can also be used to tour. But those four are "designed" as full fledged tourers. I'm sure when I get my Rocket I will use it on a number of long trips myself.
Dennis

Back