Rocket III Options at a glance

Great video!

A Classic with the bologna pipes with the "catalyzer" off is a blend between the two sounds; clearly evident on the video. My Classic Tourer didn't have the growl that is so often referred to; now, with the cat on the shelf the growl is there, with bolony muffs.

I'd be curious to know the HP increase on mine. It does get off the line and down the road more than when dragging the cat along. That may be my own adjustments (seat of the pants feel has grown). < punctuation heretic. The Tribal has a "20 hp increase" over the Classic. I wouldn't have thought so:eek:

Last edited:
Great video!

A Classic with the bologna pipes with the "catalyzer" off is a blend between the two sounds; clearly evident on the video. My Classic Tourer didn't have the growl that is so often referred to; now, with the cat on the shelf the growl is there, with bolony muffs.

I'd be curious to know the HP increase on mine. It does get off the line and down the road more than when dragging cat the along. That may be my own adjustments (seat of the pants feel has grown). < punctuation heretic. The Tribal has a "20 hp increase" over the Classic. I wouldn't have thought so:eek:

HeR3tic,
I'm sure someone has dynoed a pre and post cat Rocket, but I agree, 20hp seems generous.

The Klessic

The point being? "Heavily accessorized" bikes, even more so when fitted with "leather panniers", tend to be more compliant with noise regulations than naked bikes:confused: . Some universal truth in that, no doubt. Worth 5' of footage? Am not sure:)

I'am sorry but I think they both sound like crap.Must be my puter but spike sounds better with an old megaphone stuck on the down pipe.. Can't weight to hear your come backs...Come on Jack & coke

The point being? "Heavily accessorized" bikes, even more so when fitted with "leather panniers", tend to be more compliant with noise regulations than naked bikes:confused: . Some universal truth in that, no doubt. Worth 5' of footage? Am not sure:)

That's one point made. Another clear point was the 20 ponies. I'm sure I heard that. There was just a wee small third point made, and that was the sound comparison. I was simply throwing in my own comparison. For anyone that could give a dime. Another analytical point was the range of variances.

"...noise regulations..." What's that?? G..D..n trains, jake brakes, coasters, loud mouthed dogs and potty mouthed brats in the neighborhood and them **** liberals (ox-morons) and other social engineers want to dictate the pipes on my ride.

Last edited:
That's one point made. Another clear point was the 20 ponies. I'm sure I heard that. There was just a wee small third point made, and that was the sound comparison. I was simply throwing in my own comparison. For anyone that could give a dime. Another analytical point was the range of variances.

"...noise regulations..." What's that?? G..D..n trains, jake brakes, coasters, loud mouthed dogs and potty mouthed brats in the neighborhood and them **** liberals (ox-morons) and other social engineers want to dictate the pipes on my ride.

Jamie and HeR3tic,
At the end of the video the main theme is stated: "Sound comparison between Classic and Tribal". Why did they do it Jamie?: Personally I think it's a great video for a prospective Rocket purchasers, demonstrating the breadth and scope a Rocket can have. This was produced by amateurs so they may have made it for a friend in Bahrain for all we know,....after all, it IS on "Youtube":)

HeR3tic,
I'm pretty sure Jamie was referring to the video itself not your comment. IMHO:)

BusaJack,
You are an instigator aren't you.:D Both sounded a bit pingy on my speakers and I got a subwoofer. Real tough to judge the actual sound of anything on a youtube video.

Last edited:
Back