Rivco risers on a Roadster

nox273

.060 Over
Has anyone fitted rivco risers to a Roadster. The front brake line to the abs looks very short and would restrict a lot of movement

got the rivco risers on my 2011 roadster and love them. rerouted all the lines behind the triple tree because throttle cable and brake line is tight. came out good though. even lifted the tank to install pc5 with no problem, just put a rag on tank in case it bumps gauges.

there the jardine exhaust for the roadster with abs. cheapest i found was phatperformanceparts.com for about $1200. with free shipping. I love them, nice and loud and got about 145hp last dino and still tweaking. got the triple k&n's with cut claw also.

check out my member photos for more pic's

Thanks Guys

I was a little concerned about lifting the tank once they are fitted. Must be a very tight fit I presume.

Do you guys have any issues with the cables behind the triple tree? Hitting the tank etc,

Thanks

There must be something a little different with Roadster gauges, my '08 Standard requires that the gauges and top handlebar clamp be removed in order to raise the tank with the risers installed.

I also have dual Triumph switch clusters on each side of the handlebars for grip heaters and lights that prevent the tank from going all the way up anyway, so removing the handlebar top clamp and rotating the handlebars forward is required anyway. Still, it's just another 5 minutes to do the extra work and those little improvements make R3 life much easier the rest of the time. It's worth the extra effort and only involves an additional hex wrench and a 6mm socket.

Well got the Rivco risers fitted today. Had to re-route the throttle cables and brake line behind the top clamp. Clutch cable is fine "just".
Can't lift the tank without removing the handlebars though as the chrome tab hits the clamp holding the bars and gauges.
So my next project with be to make a new hold down tab for the tank from stainless steel so I can lift the tank without removing anything. My other project it to make the sissy bar quick release, but thats another story.
Here;s some pics.

Great pictures appreciate it very much, I will put risers on my wish list looks like a person could probably put a windshield bag on it now. Also I believe the key would be a lot easier to get to. Do your shoulders feel a little more relaxed I'm just full of questions today. :confused:

When I had the risers on the '07 I would just pull the bolt out at the back of the tank lift the back up first and put the bolt back in. Lot easier than removoing gauges etc, dont see that the R3R would be any different.
I kept them off the '07 but have not fitted them to the R3R yet. I have been getting a sore back on this bike so might try the risers.

I think my new 5" risers will help alot as far as comfort goes.
They pull back an extra inch further than the Rivcos.
Need two new bolts, they are for a harley,
so they should fit the RoadKing bars just fine..
Seem to be real good but couldn't get em tight,
so I need the two new bolts,,, tomorrow.....
Think I'll be able to raise the tank without taking the gauges and Gi-Pro off anymore,
at least that's the way it appears now.
I'll know more tomorrow morning.;)

Back