So I just installed my new Rivco risers, I love how the handle bars feel now. I didn't have to move any throttle cables but I did have to move the clutch cable as per instructions. One thing though, maybe I missed something but do you have a lot of play in your handlebars now? Seems like a big guy could just snap them off, is it normal to have that play? My wife's Suzuki has honking long risers and there as tight as........well better not go there!
I'm sure you could get some aftermarket risers, but the rivco's I bought, though expensive were just the ticket. They are made for the Rocket specifically and do not require new cables. I did have to relocate the front brake line from in front of the handlebar to just behind it, but that was it. Re-routing throttle cables is mandatory but uses the old cables. The pullback is exactly what I wanted. Very comfortable.

So I just installed my new Rivco risers, I love how the handle bars feel now. I didn't have to move any throttle cables but I did have to move the clutch cable as per instructions. One thing though, maybe I missed something but do you have a lot of play in your handlebars now? Seems like a big guy could just snap them off, is it normal to have that play? My wife's Suzuki has honking long risers and there as tight as........well better not go there!

I have the same problem with long ride discomfort. Were you able to get the flex removed from the bars or is it one of those things that you live with given the extra comfort?

I have the same problem with long ride discomfort. Were you able to get the flex removed from the bars or is it one of those things that you live with given the extra comfort?
I'll live with if I have to, I don't like the flex, its like a lawn mower handle that is loose on top, you know how it can move a bit. I wonder if any of the other Riser users have this problem. There about as tight as I can get them without breaking the bolts.

I got used to the extra flex pretty quick, just don't go horsing the old girl around, finesse is the name of the game.

bob

Back