Bladerunner13

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph R3T 2012
My wife and I just went on a 22 day trip from Saskatoon to PEI. It was a great ride seeing sites we'd never seen before and I have no complaints with my R3 Touring except.......cruise control would be nice but what I really need is a set of risers to give me about 2 inches more pullback. My right shoulder was killing me by the end of everyday from an injury I got a couple of years ago. Had the same problem on my yamaha last year but new handle bars solved that problem. I don't need new handle bars on the R3, just some risers, anybody know a good place to order them?

Love that Rocket man! Sure gets a lot of comments but funny how the Harley guys that have watched to much Sons of Anarchy don't want to look at it while I know they are looking at it! lol IMG_20160804_185438.jpg IMG_20160804_185424.jpg

I'm sure you could get some aftermarket risers, but the rivco's I bought, though expensive were just the ticket. They are made for the Rocket specifically and do not require new cables. I did have to relocate the front brake line from in front of the handlebar to just behind it, but that was it. Re-routing throttle cables is mandatory but uses the old cables. The pullback is exactly what I wanted. Very comfortable.

My wife and I just went on a 22 day trip from Saskatoon to PEI. It was a great ride seeing sites we'd never seen before and I have no complaints with my R3 Touring except.......cruise control would be nice but what I really need is a set of risers to give me about 2 inches more pullback. My right shoulder was killing me by the end of everyday from an injury I got a couple of years ago. Had the same problem on my yamaha last year but new handle bars solved that problem. I don't need new handle bars on the R3, just some risers, anybody know a good place to order them?

Love that Rocket man! Sure gets a lot of comments but funny how the Harley guys that have watched to much Sons of Anarchy don't want to look at it while I know they are looking at it! lol IMG_20160804_185438.jpg IMG_20160804_185424.jpg
T
I'm sure you could get some aftermarket risers, but the rivco's I bought, though expensive were just the ticket. They are made for the Rocket specifically and do not require new cables. I did have to relocate the front brake line from in front of the handlebar to just behind it, but that was it. Re-routing throttle cables is mandatory but uses the old cables. The pullback is exactly what I wanted. Very comfortable.

Thanks, I'll probably buy those but I just had one question for them I'm waiting back to hear about. To do with the handlebar clamp, logo I have on it. I'm sure I'll be able to keep it but ..........gotta check first :)

T

Thanks, I'll probably buy those but I just had one question for them I'm waiting back to hear about. To do with the handlebar clamp, logo I have on it. I'm sure I'll be able to keep it but ..........gotta check first :)
One thing I should mention: I have a roadster, so I know there's a difference in handlebar setup. I.e. The roadster guages are on the handlebars. With the new risers, you have to remove the guages before you can lift the tank for service. Not terrible, just an added step. Not sure how that would affect the touring but though it worth a mention.

]

I second that. I have rivco on my roadster and they did just what I wanted.
They make a set for the touring as well. Be careful ..... the touring risers are different than the roaster risers.

TR3017-TR – Handlebar risers with chrome finish for Triumph Rocket III Touring models

One thing I should mention: I have a roadster, so I know there's a difference in handlebar setup. I.e. The roadster guages are on the handlebars. With the new risers, you have to remove the guages before you can lift the tank for service. Not terrible, just an added step. Not sure how that would affect the touring but though it worth a mention.
Should be okay there, no gauges on my bars

How are they different? I don't really like the looks of them I can see that much.
]

I second that. I have rivco on my roadster and they did just what I wanted.
They make a set for the touring as well. Be careful ..... the touring risers are different than the roaster risers.

TR3017-TR – Handlebar risers with chrome finish for Triumph Rocket III Touring models

cheeesezz I did the same trip 3 weeks before you!!!! we could have done it together what a missed opportunity!!

I'm interested in a set of Risers for my roadster. Does anyone have a specific link to where I can see more details on the Risers? How do I know if I am looking for risers for the Roadster or Touring so I can get the right one?

I'm interested in a set of Risers for my roadster. Does anyone have a specific link to where I can see more details on the Risers? How do I know if I am looking for risers for the Roadster or Touring so I can get the right one?

The roadster risers look different so there is no mistaking them. here is a link to roadster risers

TR3017 – Handlebar risers for Triumph® Rocket III – Triumph ROCKET III – Triumph – Shop by Motorcycle

fair warning, the instructions say no cable routing is needed but on my 2014 roadster I needed to relocate the front break line behind the triple tree as well as the clutch and throttle cables.

Back