Riding Rockets in the Summer

Be thankful you don't have this...

Motorcycle-snow.jpg

That will come here all too soon:(

It's funny you all mention how much heat an R3 throws. Last week here in VA we had heat index's of close to 110 and being a new R3 owner(one week) I called my local stealer and asked if it was normal for an R3 to be that hot. He(Brian) laughed and said you are straddling 140 cubic inches of beast and the heat has to go some where.

Pres10, this is the time to ride, lots of bikes out yesterday, you guys are right it finally gets hot and i'm *****ing about it. Most of the time i'm trying to figure out how not to freeze.

I'm fairly new to Wyoming and have not seen much of Montana yet. Only been as far as Billings actually. I am really wanting to make a run to Missoula and maybe Glacier National Park.

I'm originally from Illinois and the riding season was much longer there. I still get my bike out in the winter, weather permitting. Can't stand to see it sit all winter but -20 t0 -30 degress with a 30 mph wind is just a little too much. Any day that I'm off work and the temps get close to 30 above it does get some run time.

Rode back from Colorado last Friday (looks like we just missed the wildfires). It was a hot ride from Amarillo to Ft. Worth but when we got stuck there for two hours in traffic was the worst of it. Screen on and 100 degrees and stuck in between concrete barriers at a dead stop in full sun at 2pm with my wife on the back. Even being from Texas, I have to admit it was HOT! I told her if that happens again, I may invest in a small window unit to replace the windshield because I'm not parking the bike....:D

On the other side of things i ride down to 35F or so but have to be carefull taking it to work as have ridden in a couple snow storms and that can get really hairy-scary.
Fourty degrees plus and i'm good to go.

Back