Riding Rockets in the Summer

rocketbill

Supercharged
Ride
2013 Rocket 3 Touring
Went for a ride today 155 miles, weather channel said it hit 92 tops which is about as hot as it gets here (western montana), the rocket throws off a lot of heat and when the fan kicks in dammm. Most the time i won't care but on a day like today i had to stop and dunk my shirt in the river and then put it back on, that was nice for a few miles. That being said i love my rocket 3 and wouldn't trade it (not anytime soon anyway).

101 here in Eastern Wyoming and no water to dunk my shirt in. I still enjoyed the ride tho.

I plan to head to Montana next weekend in search of cooler weather. It might be a good time to go thru Bear Tooth Pass.

Highway pegs get your feet out wide and in front of the heat, provided you can keep moving. I don't (won't) have one but I hear screens add to the 'fun' when it's hot. :( Would be a good time to get rid of it if you have one.
It's winter down here and I'm enjoying the cold (15C) yet sunny days at the moment. Glorious weather provided the sun's up and out. :)

Just grin and take it as it comes it will be cold one day and you'll be wishing you could feel a bit of heat of the headers.

"You are a Triumph rider , you're meant to be tough" :D Quote from 90 year old shelia that works at Modak Motorcycles in Melbourne when i asked if her Triumph tee-shirts came in long sleeves .

Went for a ride today 155 miles, weather channel said it hit 92 tops which is about as hot as it gets here (western montana), the rocket throws off a lot of heat and when the fan kicks in dammm. Most the time i won't care but on a day like today i had to stop and dunk my shirt in the river and then put it back on, that was nice for a few miles. That being said i love my rocket 3 and wouldn't trade it (not anytime soon anyway).

Anything is better than riding in bitterly cold weather.;)

Pres10, this is the time to ride, lots of bikes out yesterday, you guys are right it finally gets hot and i'm *****ing about it. Most of the time i'm trying to figure out how not to freeze.

The riding season here in Idaho is both short and HOT. Most of the times I am riding in 95+ and the Rocket does get hot. I do have a solution. But, I know that some of you might not want to go to this extreme but I ridden with full leather in 105+ and not even started to sweat. Here is what I do.

It is called Phase change and it works!! I throw the frozen packs in a small cooler and take them out when needed. They work best if I zip up the leather jacket. I also us it when I ride with my mesh jacket but it only lasts 5 hours instead of 8 hours.

And YES I know that Rocket riders are supposed to be tough but I can't handle the heat very well. Go ahead and ride all hot, I bet your riding judgment and reaction times tends to less tuned in that state. I would rather look like the Michelin Man than a hood ornament! But that's just me…

BTW total cost is about $300 but will last for 4-5 years of use….

100 deg plus here in n.m. anybody wanna ride ? my liscense plate says THREPY that is abbreviation for The Hottest Ride Ever Passing You

Back