Peter K,

Take a look at Aerostich. I have their Darien Light jacket and pants. Awesome in the rain! Pricey and made in the USA. I actually went to the factory.

They have a new one called Transit that looks to be even better.

Only drawback to my 2 piece siut is it is toasty above 75 degrees, not great for hot weather. I have riden in the 40's with the liner.

I looked at Olympia jackets and pants. Seem,s like good stuff but the pants are not made for short guys like me. The knee pads are way to low. I would get a jacket if I could figure out what to do for protective pants.

Peter K,

Take a look at Aerostich. I have their Darien Light jacket and pants. Awesome in the rain! Pricey and made in the USA. I actually went to the factory.

They have a new one called Transit that looks to be even better.

Only drawback to my 2 piece siut is it is toasty above 75 degrees, not great for hot weather. I have riden in the 40's with the liner.

I looked at Olympia jackets and pants. Seem,s like good stuff but the pants are not made for short guys like me. The knee pads are way to low. I would get a jacket if I could figure out what to do for protective pants.

I had an Olympia and it was great for warm weather. Was my best option in the Mississippi summer heat/humidity. Sold it once I got to Germany, cause we don't really have many of those crazy hot days and I only ride my leather jacket here. I've found the Pharao pants to fit well (I'm 5'9") in terms of the knee pads. They're comfy all the way around, not too hot and pretty water resistant.

Hey Vanguard, some brands have pants in "Stout" fitting; catering for those who are less tall (Stout 1) as well as those who are generously proportioned in every direction, except up (Stout 3). Might be worth looking out for them.

Any suggestion for a water proof jacket that is actually water proof .also good old gauntlet gloves similar to what the cops wear.ive been hunting around for the gloves for a while with no success. Thanks

I have an RJs waterproof jacket that does a fair job.I rode it rhough a torrentail downpour that went for a 3-4 hours,I got a bit damp but dried out quick when the sun came out.

Ive been meaning to buy some of these.
Motorcycle Overgloves | Waterproof Motorbike Overgloves | Rain-Off
There are places in oz that stock them

Riding gear? When it is hot I do not suit up like a ass on a snowmobile. I often tell people when that jack ass gets t-boned by a tractor trailer does he want to save his skin while in his casket? Food for thought.............:D

Thanks for the info ,zimtuff that sounds like the wet weather gear for me,
As far as safety gear goes only ever worn a helmet .cant remember how many times I've actually come of my bikes over the years. Always my own fault always to aggressive ,took a while to settle down but I think I finally have

Back