Paul Hyland

Turbocharged
Did anyone beside's me go ridding this weekend? Little chilly bu tthe sun was out and that's all the matters
At 400 miles now so I opened it up some on a short spint from 0 to 130, it was nice:D . Can't wait to gert my 500 mile check up and get the breakin oil out and play hard.\

O' buy the way with me and my girlfriend if I twist the trottle fast with no cluch from about 5 mile's hour the bike will stand up on it's hind leg and beg and shifting from 1st to 2nd at hight rpm's will bring up the front also.:roll:

Be careful

Hot dam Paul. I know its fun to pull that front end but be careful. You look about my size and I can't muscle that monster around like I did the Busa.If it comes down and the bars aren't straight your in trouble. Do u have the sissie bar for the wife? Ok i'll shut up,just jelous. I'm too old to do that any more. Have fun. P.S.I don't hate u cause u can ride this time of year. This +*$#@^$)en place sux. Take care Jack

Yeah, it was a bit chilly in Central Texas. When it warms up, we gotta get some captains together for a ride. I'm meeting another captain this weekend in Waco for some riding.

So far as the wheelies, saw some really nice ones at the Monster truck show. Dudes pulling those wheelies weighed about 120 pounds soaking wet.

Hey RB

From 1st to 2nd I think around 5 to 6, Not really sure I shift by ear more than the tack. I don't rev it to high to often because I still have the break in oil.

I hear ya Busajack I can tell when I don't have it perfectly straight the bars snap straight. I try and let it down easy, as easy as 700 + pounds can be. ;)

I concur jamie. Lifted it up by accident one day and came back down quick because it startled me. Probably had front wheel cocked 10 degrees. Snapped right back to true...amazing! If you like to ride big bikes like a scrambler this is the one.:cool:

Got to finally ride Sunday during a whopping heat wave of 32 degrees :eek: . I had to jump start the Rocket after sitting for a solid month....Battery Tender on the way! Did a 60 mile round trip and even though i had on leather gloves with knit gloves underneath, my digits were suffering! I had to stop several times and grab a hold of the mufflers for five or so minutes to get the feeling back. (32* at 55mph = 1* wind chill!) But by God....it was worth it! Bigern

Last edited:
I can power wheelie with two up at will in first and second gear. When riding solo, power wheelies are easier from a stop, otherwise the back tire spins or it grips and goes. I haven't been brave enough to try and raise the front end on the Rocket using the clutch.

The weather here has been ****ty for the last few weeks and it doesn't look like the end is in site. It is times like these that make me want to move south. I am glad at least a few around here are able to ride.

Back