Carpenter has larger TI valves that use larger seats

ehhh,yes, larger valves are certainly needing (bored) larger seats. I think,but thats only my opinion, that there is some difference between buckets and seats. :p My question was/ still is : What's the reason/necessity of installing larger diameter shim underneath buckets too?

Ti valves weigh less, spring pressures are reduced, cams have less work to do so you get more power to the back wheel from idle to redline.
Also, having less inertia than a steel valve, the valve is more likely to be in the correct position timing wise, and also allow more aggressive ramp rates.

What I like most about them is you can run lighter valve springs, making the valve train (hopefully) last longer. And the couple extra horse never hurts either!
ehhh,yes, larger valves are certainly needing (bored) larger seats. I think,but thats only my opinion, that there is some difference between buckets and seats. :p My question was/ still is : What's the reason/necessity of installing larger diameter shim underneath buckets too?
Not to answer for @warp9.9 , however, what I believe he was referring to is larger valves and shim under buckets. Which is what Carpenter does with all the Rocket heads when they port.

The original OEM shims are 25mm iirc and the shim under are 9.5mm iirc.

Back