Rear luggage worth the money ?

I left out a possibility. They increase the HP and TQ of the Rocket by 10 -15, give it a fancy decal on the tank, a totally different color scheme and charge 3K more.
How much power do you need on the street?:sneaky:😂

Hey I too got the new 25l bags after the zipper failed on my 20l. Here’s my take. The bags are great for the occasional road trip, but not for daily hard use. The zipper could fail if used all the time. I have had mine on going to Sturgis with sprints over 120mph and no problems. I keep lighter stuff, like t shirts, socks etc in them. Skip the rear bag. Tiny. I use a
Viking Bags Axwell Sissy Bar Bag.
I attach it to the sissy bar in raised position and leave it on passenger seat. Can lean back on it. I have the rack, so you could swing it around. I leave this on all the time for daily riding, and take Panniers off. I also have a waterproof bag that can go on rack. Amazon.com
Hope this helps. Sorry for bold print, not sure how to change it back. Anyways I can carry as much as I did on my HD street glide with this setup

Me too. So much easier to throw a backpack on the back seat or turn it around on the rack. Then just take it off when you go inside a restaurant or such. The bags look nice but are a small hassle retrieving water or items along side of the road. The bags go on longer hauls and the backpack stays home. I hope to this year go on a longer jaunt and use all three for storage. Thinking maybe Wyoming but it may be Idaho instead.

I like the fact that the bags come off in an instant and would only be put on for longer trips. Just travel light and use the rack for a backpack and you can spend a week or so out. The bags and a backpack can hold a good amount. If you find a motel or hotel just wash your stuff and you're good. Not a big deal.
lamonster garage outfit makes a larger luggage rack that fit perfectly the factory brackets and it is good looking too!

Back