Rear Brake - How's it meant to feel?

Rock Ape

.040 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 R
This has never been an issue to me, but so many threads on the rear brake.

I come from sports bikes where the rear brakes are next to useless..... almost.

Have had the R 3 for about 12 months now and they've never been an issue to me. Riding style perhaps from the past.

What are your expectations of the rear brake? ..... if that can be qualified in words at all?

I feel it works as expected, good to remove some speed before a curve, but I haven't tried neither expect it to make the rear tire loose traction or locking the wheel like in my old cbr.

The pedal should be firm and the stop should be mostly gentle if you're only using rear brake. I've only had mine skid at lower speed (under 30) quick and hard on the rear brake.

If you over use only the back brake, it will destroy your pads in under 4-5k

Have had the R 3 for about 12 months now and they've never been an issue to me. Riding style perhaps from the past.

What are your expectations of the rear brake? ..... if that can be qualified in words at all?
How's the bike been after the clutch rebuild?

I've had it both when it's going bad and when its freshly bled. It should feel firm. You should not have a lot of travel before you feel the brake kicking in. Before it went completely dead I was able to press the pedal all the way to stoppage and it still wouldn't slow down much.

Back