Don't need that, there is 3 locking tabs, you have to push cap down level and make sure all 3 are engaged, the it will be secure. when installed properly it should be in this position.

Attachments

• 20200914_170312[1].jpg
    20200914_170312[1].jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 154
Don't need that, there is 3 locking tabs, you have to push cap down level and make sure all 3 are engaged, the it will be secure. when installed properly it should be in this position.
It may not be needed in the perfect world, but for all those who have lost caps for whatever reason, not fitted correctly by themselves, the dealer, a pesky passer by or a theif pinching it etc, it provides a safety belt to avoid it happening again.

LOL... made me look! Apparently the Roadster doesn't have one. I used to have that problem with the oil cap on my Yam FZ700. Same fix, drilled a hole through the knob and tied it to the frame.

LOL... made me look! Apparently the Roadster doesn't have one. I used to have that problem with the oil cap on my Yam FZ700. Same fix, drilled a hole through the knob and tied it to the frame.
Mine fell off on my way home from picking it up.
The dealership owner actually drove down to meet me with a new one.

When I was waiting for the recall seat trim to be fixed, I went to new one on the showroom floor and removed rad cap. Spent at least 5 minutes trying to put it on. Did not remove mine. Now I have an idea how to get it on correctly.

Back