Wadejesu

Supercharged
Ride
R3 TFC #391
Don't need that, there is 3 locking tabs, you have to push cap down level and make sure all 3 are engaged, the it will be secure. when installed properly it should be in this position.

Attachments

MrPix

.060 Over
Ride
Speedmaster 1200, Rocket 3 R 2500
Don't need that, there is 3 locking tabs, you have to push cap down level and make sure all 3 are engaged, the it will be secure. when installed properly it should be in this position.
It may not be needed in the perfect world, but for all those who have lost caps for whatever reason, not fitted correctly by themselves, the dealer, a pesky passer by or a theif pinching it etc, it provides a safety belt to avoid it happening again.

maurice

Supercharged
Ride
2020 R3 GT
Ahhh. User error. Nice!

JerseyDog

.020 Over
Ride
2014 Rocket III Roaster (that pipe gets hot!)
LOL... made me look! Apparently the Roadster doesn't have one. I used to have that problem with the oil cap on my Yam FZ700. Same fix, drilled a hole through the knob and tied it to the frame.

Crazy Canuck

.020 Over
Ride
2020 Triumph Rocket 3 GT, 2009 VStar-Bobber Build
LOL... made me look! Apparently the Roadster doesn't have one. I used to have that problem with the oil cap on my Yam FZ700. Same fix, drilled a hole through the knob and tied it to the frame.
Mine fell off on my way home from picking it up.
The dealership owner actually drove down to meet me with a new one.

maurice

Supercharged
Ride
2020 R3 GT
When I was waiting for the recall seat trim to be fixed, I went to new one on the showroom floor and removed rad cap. Spent at least 5 minutes trying to put it on. Did not remove mine. Now I have an idea how to get it on correctly.