R3R is very unique

Choche

.040 Over
Ride
2013 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
Hey everyone; had been some time that I hadn't logged in. Back in March of this year, I had an accident on my Mountain Bike; yes that's right, I nearly killed myself while riding my bicycle; I broke and dislocated my left elbow (shattered radial head) and fractured my right. I now possess some interesting hardware in my left arm. For a good month I had both my arms in splints; my right arm splint was removed in April and therapy began; it's been a long project since my surgery. Today, though, I was able to get on my Rocket and take it for a spin; man that throttle is so responsive and reminded me why I've not been able to get rid of it. It just puts a smile in my face; I won't be able to ride for extended periods of time but will get there very soon.

It's funny and ironic that when my colleagues found out I was in the hospital, they all assumed it had been an accident on my motorcycle. Having to explain that it was while riding my bicycle that was embarrassing; anyway, a full recovery will take time but I will get there. Stay safe and it's good to drop by.

Glad your okay but at least the rocket still good 😅 rather be replacing a huffy over my roadster

Hey everyone; had been some time that I hadn't logged in. Back in March of this year, I had an accident on my Mountain Bike; yes that's right, I nearly killed myself while riding my bicycle; I broke and dislocated my left elbow (shattered radial head) and fractured my right. I now possess some interesting hardware in my left arm. For a good month I had both my arms in splints; my right arm splint was removed in April and therapy began; it's been a long project since my surgery. Today, though, I was able to get on my Rocket and take it for a spin; man that throttle is so responsive and reminded me why I've not been able to get rid of it. It just puts a smile in my face; I won't be able to ride for extended periods of time but will get there very soon.

It's funny and ironic that when my colleagues found out I was in the hospital, they all assumed it had been an accident on my motorcycle. Having to explain that it was while riding my bicycle that was embarrassing; anyway, a full recovery will take time but I will get there. Stay safe and it's good to drop by.
Funny, I had a serious mtb accident in 2002 and everyone assumed I'd crashed my dirt bike because of my reputation for dirt bike accidents. On mountain bikes you have very little protective gear and lots of skin exposed. What happened to me was two shattered vertebrae, a blown out disk and spinal dislocation. After two days of spinal traction, 7.5 hrs of surgery and 9 months off work, I made a good recovery. Not so much into mountain biking any more, but I went back to dirt bike and eventually street bike riding. I'm glad you're going to be ok and yes, the Rocket 3 is a hoot!

Funny, I had a serious mtb accident in 2002 and everyone assumed I'd crashed my dirt bike because of my reputation for dirt bike accidents. On mountain bikes you have very little protective gear and lots of skin exposed. What happened to me was two shattered vertebrae, a blown out disk and spinal dislocation. After two days of spinal traction, 7.5 hrs of surgery and 9 months off work, I made a good recovery. Not so much into mountain biking any more, but I went back to dirt bike and eventually street bike riding. I'm glad you're going to be ok and yes, the Rocket 3 is a hoot!

All I can say is, wow; but it's funny like some of my friends said, "it happens to the best of us". Thanks for sharing.

Glad you are okay. I ride a mountain bike as well and we really don't think about dangers with mountain biking. I know I don't. Occasionally it pops into my mind, thinking about a specific trail or section of trail that is dicey and I think to myself, wow, a person could really get messed up there if they aren't careful. I've been lucky, haven't jacked myself up on a bicycle since I was a kid.

Feel better and heal up quick!

@Choche I am glad you are back and glad you made it through the mishap. Regardless of how things like thus happen, recovery is tough. Are you keeping most of that new metal for ever now? I have had a metal detector twice now alert to mine.

@Choche I am glad you are back and glad you made it through the mishap. Regardless of how things like thus happen, recovery is tough. Are you keeping most of that new metal for ever now? I have had a metal detector twice now alert to mine.

Yeah; my left elbow has a metal radial head. I went to the doctor this last visit and he wasn't available and had to see a Practitioner instead. She was recommending surgery on the right as well. I won't do it yet until I see the Doctor since he had mentioned otherwise. Felt like somebody needed to pay for a Yacht; lol. Anyway, I'll be one that'll make the metal detectors go off.

Back