Yeah, they're pretty strict on the helmet/insurance thing around here. They setup road blocks occasionally, "Check point Chickie", just to check license, registration and insurance. Our club was headed up one of the back highways a few weeks ago and the Florida Highway Patrol had a road block. They walked down the center of our 2 rows x 10 or so deep bikes checking each and every one of us. They had some poor 1%er Hardley bastige parked and made him call someone with a trailer. I assume he didn't have his motorcycle endorsement or insurance, etc...

15/30 Personal Injury Protection is the only thing being offered to me. I'm curious if that is a Delaware thing, bike thing or what?
Anyone have an answer to that one? Got any insurance agents out there? lol

Daryl, yeah, all things considered as you have already stated as far as no accidents, tickets, etc...that credit score will ensure that you get probably the best rate possible. If it ever gets above 800 it may even go down more. I finally broke the 700 barrier two months ago (paying off lots of stuff while over here) and now am around 743, but since I just put almost $9,000 on my Home Depot account getting my new central heating and air conditioning system installed while I was home...I'm sure it will dip back down...hopefully not too much.

Dennis

73 dtg Dubai
74 dtg Home

Hellfire. I pay $265.00 a year full coverage they even will pay up to $3500 in riding cloths if I fall, not sure if I would need the motorcycle cloths:confused:
I'm even covered if some guy hits me and he has no insurance I liked that, thats why it went up to $265.00:D I thought I would be paying a lot more than that I told them I have been riding for over 20 years.
and they say when I turn fifty I get a price break as long as I have been good:D

USAA no longer a deal.

This made me think about reviewing what I pay USAA for all my insurance needs. I got quotes for the house, cars, bike and boat from Progressive and low-and-behold I'm paying too much. USAA military insurance was alot cheaper when I started using them way back when, I just always assumed they would stay that way. Earlier in the year they sent me a letter stating that my homeowners insurance wind/hail deductible would increase from $500 to $5380 (2% of value), I about **** myself. I figured I was screwed and would have to deal with it since insurance was more of a "package" deal and insuring the cars would cost more elsewhere..... I was wrong. Without even getting a package deal quote, everything separate, same or even better coverage, individually everything was less from Progressive. I'm going to call them tomorow for a review and see what the bottom line is going to be switching EVERYTHING to them.
I'm sure some of you have USAA and might even have been jammed with that wind/hail deductible nonsense, you might want to see if you are in the same boat with me. Look your situation over and see if Progressive or another company could save you some green, USAA aint the deal it used to be.

Hellfire, I have the exact same coverage as you with Dairyland, but here up north it costs me half what you pay. Vehicle insurance is about the only thing in Maine that's a good bargain.

Hello Hellfire, I am on Long Island NY and have State Farm with 250/500,1000 deductible and pay $457 per year.Same coveverage on my Sprint cost $572.I am going to check Progressive rates based on what I have heard and read here.
Good Luck.

I've got Progressive now. Had Geico.
My full coverage with $3k in accessories coverage comes to $320.00 for the year.
I think I have a $500 deductable.

I will not say what I pay for it will break your heart:D like Daryl I am with the wee green lizard when I first bought my bike I tried everyone and progressive were the highest by far they wanted $675 for the same coverage I get with the wee lizard for $168.00
If you want to go helmetless in Florida you must have$10,000 medical ins, as said a lot of factors come into play - tickets, credit score, bike courses taken etc.

Back