R3 Battery replacement

Flip that depends...

:DFLIP:
I don't know about Jack but....I think with a little attention to detail, your mechanical manipulation ability, and some patience, you may be able to evaluate her needs for electrical current to accomplish the assigned task and determine how many CCA may be required under any given circumstance.;)

I think that there are only two motorcycle battery manufacturing plants in the whole world.

There is also a conspiracy that limits the life of any motorcycle or lawn mower battery to just two years.

Bastards...:mad:

Two years:eek: I've had to replace the lawnmower battery every year over the past 3 years. Crap WallyWorld batts.

"...Yuasa builds the best, most powerful and longest lasting batteries. Made in the USA, Yuasa is the best battery in the market right now. " Really??:cool:

My battery is just over 3 years old now and still fine. I wonder how it will be next spring when it comes out of storage. The Panasonic battery on my 96 Toyota 4Runner is still fine also, after 300,000kms so Tom's conspiracy theory is probably true, it can be done!

I didn't want to muddy the water any more so I did abstain from telling everyone that I have one of those computerized batter chargers that will de-sulfate a flooded cell battery, taper charge it and top it off at 13.5 volts and maintain it if need be. I periodically charge all my flooded cell batteries with it on a rotational basis and the battery in my T100 is original and it's 6 years old. The batteries in my '97 Ford pickup are original and still show only a 10% drop when loaded with a carbon pile load tester.

There is only 2 things that destroy a battery. Sulfation between the plates or in the bottom which shorts the plates or running a battery out of water. Forgot, letting a discharged battery freeze.

Hi Tec

Two years:eek: I've had to replace the lawnmower battery every year over the past 3 years. Crap WallyWorld batts.

"...Yuasa builds the best, most powerful and longest lasting batteries. Made in the USA, Yuasa is the best battery in the market right now. " Really??:cool:
----- If you have a battery In your lawn mower you deserve to replace It every year you lazy sod..Te He. Now tell me Its a big mower and you can't crank It by hand or Its got a radio and power seat..WOHO --Crazy Jack

I have posted on other threads here but cannot fid where. You cannot use a true gel battery in a Rocket without making changes in the regulator. Gel batterys charge a a lesser voltage and will be short lived with the standard regulator. AGM batteries (Absorbed Glass Mat) like the OEM battery in your rock are the best without major changes. To make them last longer use the Electronic "Smart Chargers" to top off your battery at least once a mounth. Even if you are riding an a regular basis. Smart Chargers will not overcharge or harm your battery. i have a couple of these chargers and have something on charge most of the time. I routinely get 6 to 7 years life out of each. (not including cell phone batteries they are a pain in the ars)

----- If you have a battery In your lawn mower you deserve to replace It every year you lazy sod..Te He. Now tell me Its a big mower and you can't crank It by hand or Its got a radio and power seat..WOHO --Crazy Jack

I'll tell ya that. I have a Gel-Cell in my lawnmower. How's about a Cub Cadet Tank '0' turn with a 60" deck and a 24 horse Vtwin Kowalski out back.

You must reside in a trailer park.....

Flip

Friend of mine has the same mower,same kawski motor but It says John Deer on the side. Thought you didn't like Jap ****..As far as where I live, Iam thinking about a trailer park or condo..Cutting grass and maintaining all your farm implements starts to suck as you get older. Better have some kids real quick so they can do It for you. BJC

Back