Progressive 440 Shocks

http://www.hondadirectline.com

You should be able to have them ship to you, Order the 13's for the Valkyrie. It's the same. I think the part numbers may differ, but I ordered mine when Progressive wasn't making a shock for the Rocket, I have over 20K miles on mine without a problem.....

Yogi,

Have you considered an air shock. I just saw this when looking at your link. I wonder how this might work for our Rockets.

Progressive 416 series air shocks for the Valkyrie.

They would work fine, I thought about it prior to buying the 440's but I like the 440's so well, didn't need the adjustability of the Air Shock

Don't want to be a tread stealer... but maybe Buzzo would like to hear the answer to this:

Yogi are you usually riding two up?, Single, How much do you weigh.

I'm 240, my Wifey 160 (Please god don't tell her I spilled the beans)

Should I step up to 440HD (Heavy Duty)?

I would sure hate to get regular ones and find I bottom out all the time.

Or conversely, find out the the HD version is too stiff like the stock ones.

440s

I know many have commented on the stock shocks vs. after-market, and I wanted to help out some of the newbies with my experience.

I just installed my 440s 12.5" SD, and they are greatly welcomed answer to the problem of wallowing in the corners.

I am a decent rider and certainly agree that with some practice and concentration on corner entry speed to get the perfect disposition/angle, you can increase your confidence. (Basically, spending time in focus on learning your bike, which of course is always a good thing)

BUT, there are certain circumstances when you cant just "drive through" the twisties to keep the back end down to give you the sweet spot. You hit a little bump, it modifies your disposition of lean and focus and you have to adjust. You hit two or three bumps in the turn and your confidence to "push through it" without dumping is greatly reduced.

I ride with lots of ******ie-rockets on either twisties (mainly at night) or long open roads (that might not be as well cared for), and I am telling you, switching to the Progressives has brought a LOT more predictibility and consistency to the bikes handlings. MUCH more confident confronting unknown roads or turns, knowing the back end is gonna pretty much stay put after absorbing the bump quickly and efficiently.

For a bike designed to be a no-compromising road-eater, the shocks appear to be a squishy afterthought in the effort to building the 'perfect beast'

It is BY far, the best after-market money I have spent

Paul

Chrispy,
I'm 280 and often ride alone.
I got the 12.5 HD 440s and couldn't be more pleased.
I've got the preload at two for solo.
The wife's yet to get on the back but I don't find it too harsh without her and have plenty of adjustmewnt left for when I carry her and or luggage.
If you go for standard you may haver a problem if you carry wifey often.
I thought of going for 13" to quicken up the steering a bit and maybe save a few pennies on hero blobs, which I go through at an alarming rate.
After fitting them I realise that the handling is improved so much I'd be scraping the pegs anyway and you can quicken up the steering by running with two more PSI than recemended in the front. Everything scrapes long before the front end's gunna wash out anyway!
I'm now replacing hero blobs every 1500 miles and wearing the frame lugs away.
Whichever you go for it's gunna be the most cost effective improvement to the beast.
Check out,

http://r111.proboards79.com/index.cgi?b ... 1178530299

for a full review.

Enjoy.

Back