Primary TPS price ?

Fred F.

Supercharged
Has anyone replaced one of these lately ? I was quoted $134.14 . Does that sound about right ? Also are the new improved ones (with the blue guts) the same part # as the pos all black ones ? Any chance of Triumph picking up the tab on it ?

The price sounds right. It is an easy job to replace it if you have either TuneBoy or TuneECU to set it up. You will need to use a spanner (wench) to turn the torx bit which you press into the bolt with your finger. Some folks replace the torx bolt with a hex bolt for easier future access.

Amazingly they have one in stock ! I have a tuneboy and am becoming a pro at setting the TPS as I'm nursing this one along.

You will need to use a spanner (wench) to turn the torx bit..........

images

Amazingly they have one in stock ! I have a tuneboy and am becoming a pro at setting the TPS as I'm nursing this one along.

Fred do you just set the TPS to .6 volts or do you do the ISCV reset? The later is what you should do whenever you believe there is a problem with the TPS as it has to be in sync with the stepper motor for everthing to function correctly.

Fred do you just set the TPS to .6 volts or do you do the ISCV reset? The later is what you should do whenever you believe there is a problem with the TPS as it has to be in sync with the stepper motor for everthing to function correctly.

+1 I replaced/adjusted the TPS w/o ISCV Reset and it ran worse that with the bad TPS - Voltage Adjustment on TPS and ISCV Reset is a must!

I do the full monty. Complete ISCV reset. Once set it goes from .6 to 7.2 . Then a couple hundred miles later it drifts off. Pretty sure TPS is knackered.

I do the full monty. Complete ISCV reset. Once set it goes from .6 to 7.2 . Then a couple hundred miles later it drifts off. Pretty sure TPS is knackered.

Fred by Drifting of do you mean when you plug tune boy in and look at the sensor page the tps say something like .65 or .68 volts? If so I suspect it has not drifted when you do the ISCV reset on the first click it tells you to see if it returned to .6 volts puls or minus the varience. so you move it nad then click agian it returns and then pauses while it does som thinking in the ecu. then it finaly has you reset adaptives. I think what you see is drift is where the motor nd the cam to the throttle plates could be diferent from many things one being where it was when you powered down verses temps and idle needs. the only time the tps should have identical readings is when the cam is not in contact with the idle arm this is why they never have you adjust the idle arm as there has to be one constant to start from. you move that and you can garantee you just rotated the TPS sending a different signal plu I garantee you just changed that .1 mm setting between the stepper motor roller cam and the throttle plate stop. I hope this is not confusing but it is just my opinion on how these things are working with each other to send the proper signals and motorr commands. I bet Atomsplitter could explain it much better.

Fred by Drifting of do you mean when you plug tune boy in and look at the sensor page the tps say something like .65 or .68 volts? If so I suspect it has not drifted when you do the ISCV reset on the first click it tells you to see if it returned to .6 volts puls or minus the varience. so you move it nad then click agian it returns and then pauses while it does som thinking in the ecu. then it finaly has you reset adaptives. I think what you see is drift is where the motor nd the cam to the throttle plates could be diferent from many things one being where it was when you powered down verses temps and idle needs. the only time the tps should have identical readings is when the cam is not in contact with the idle arm this is why they never have you adjust the idle arm as there has to be one constant to start from. you move that and you can garantee you just rotated the TPS sending a different signal plu I garantee you just changed that .1 mm setting between the stepper motor roller cam and the throttle plate stop. I hope this is not confusing but it is just my opinion on how these things are working with each other to send the proper signals and motorr commands. I bet Atomsplitter could explain it much better.

I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right. When nothing is influencing the throttle plates, I.E. they are resting on the factory set stop screw (which is still painted) the TPS should read .6 v's . When the idle stepper advances to it's max extension the TPS should read .72 v's. I put on another TPS that someone on here sent me ( I'll be ****ed if I can remember who, advanced CRS I suspect). I wanted one to look at to see if I could find something in the auto world that might work (that hasn't panned out) This person thought that the one he sent me might still be good. Seems to be, it's been on there about 4 days and still working fine. Yesterday I ordered a brand new one with the blue insides. If that person would like his back for a spare I would gladly send it back to him. Hopefully tonight I can pull the K&N's off and go for a run. Did you think bonese's tune was richer or leaner at top end than the one you sent me. Your tune=130mph and climbing. Bonese's tune 122mph, will only pull 6500 rpm wide open in 4th. Doesn't go any faster in 5th. If my filters are clogged, you would think your tune (which I believe is richer on top) would run worse yet. It will be interesting to see what it does with the filters removed.

Back