Prayers for "Harleigh"

Just had to put our Doberman down a week ago, we had her eleven yrs., and still look for her when I get up,etc. . Enjoy the time you have left, whether that is six weeks or twenty yrs., Happy for you.

Last edited:
Here is "Harleigh" with a "stick?" she brought to me, and laid in my lap. She is such a sweetie.
Harleighsmall1.jpg

I feel your pain brother! My 12 year old Lab is slipping some everyday now. I am worried I'm not going to deal with this!

I've been through this too many times. And it never gets easier. Thank God, Harleigh isn't in any severe pain, but she does hold up her sore leg to me, like she wants me to do something for it. So sad. And as has been in the past, if you have more than one critter, the other one senses problems in the other. Got to try to not dwell on it. It is what it is. 😉

Yes we are all heading in that direction!
Going-on-13 Australian Shepherd Max, same problem, old age. He hasn't aged grey around the muzzle, but he's not as agile as he used to be. Used to jump right in my car/truck when I came home, but now has problems with his back legs, so no more jumping. Got some pain med from the vet for when I see him in pain after lying down. Not much else i can do.

Hi all, I've been a single man, since my last divorce in 1992. I keep 2 dogs, or as I call them, "Angels". One is "Harleigh", adopted from the shelter. They guessed her to be around 5 or 6 years old then, and she had been in the shelter for 5 months. She is the sweetest, most loving critter I have ever had, but sadly, she has lumps and bumps, and this morning was the very first time that she didn't jump up in bed and give me kisses when I woke up. Yup, I'm in tears as I write this. Soooo hard to deal with. I pray God gives me strength to cope with this situation. It ain't my first, as I have 3 buried in the front yard. Each one took about a half quart of Canadian Club, and a gallon of tears. Everything on hold until this speed bump in life, passes.
:( :( :( :( 😟😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢
Sending all the positive and healing vibes from Australia mate. Hope Harleigh beats all the odds to kiss you good morning for a long time to come.

Back