engine load
throtle responce
timing advance
odb type
voltage sensor

More sencer more parameter you get

OzDave
I wondering how many you got on yours

Michel, I get about the same sensors on the R3T, last 2 pages on the OBD read n/a, I use the 4 parameter readout mostly with RPM, coolant temp, throttle pos and speed, surprising how much difference the between the digital and analogue speedo, when analogue reads 100kph digital reads about 95!!

Yes ozdave i have notice the direrence of the speedometer it's the real speed that you see like my GPS reads
Tune boy does the same thing it's correcting it

but did you notice any diference in the cooland temp.
if your bike is a room temperature what does the PLX reads

is it the same your ok
if not i'm trying to find out if there many of us like me you have sensor off by 10 fahrenheit
and the AIT for air intake temperature is off by 4 degrees fahrenheit

I left my rocket at the dealer yesterday and this morning he hook the triumph computer
and we had the same has PLX both were reading off by 10 degrees fahrenheit

he orded the thermostat because it was not steady at 185 and the sensor because it was off

Celcuis or fahrenheit is it the same has the room temperature on your rocket touring when the bike is cold and at room temperature they sould read the same

Comming from this thread
http://www.r3owners.com/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=

140cubicinches said:
I'm only a truck driver but ....... :shock: ..Look what found :shock:
Those reading were taking inside my garage in the morning at room temperature 74 f
On the right my oil deep stick thermometer very accurate at 74 f
on the left an ODB II Monitorind device http://www.r3owners.com/viewtopic.php?p ... ht=#188911
it read the same input triumph reads on there computer

ALL of them should read 74 fahrenheit.... NO :shock:

I found out that the 2 sensor AIT for air intake temp. is off 4 degree fahrenheit
and the wather temp. is off by 10 degree fahrenheit

That meen .........the fan start at 217 fahrenheit or 103 celcius triumph specs.
but in fact the cooland is only at 207 fahrenheit or 97 celcius when the fan start
that why the fan blower is always on in trafic because it receiving bad input from the cooland sensor

The fan is on thinking it's hot but in fact it's not that hot 10 fahrenheit or 6 celcuis off
the thermostat is doing is job by keeping the engine hot 185 fahrenheit or 85 celcius on the road at 60 fahrenheit or 15 celcius out side temp. @ 65mph
but the cooland sensor read (wrong input) 195 fahrenheit or 90 celcius

So when the thermostat is not working properly like mind does
at 60 fahrenheit or 15 celcius out side temp. @ 65mph is doing 185 fahrenheit or 85 celcius but when it's hotter
let see 80 fahrenheit or 27 celcius out side temp.my engine temp. rize to 205 fahrenheit or 96 celcius it's hot realy hot
but in fact it thinks (wrong input) it's running at 215 fahrenheit or 101 celcius
thats why the fan starts right away when we stop and now we're looking like a big live BBQ

do the math 20 degrees more on the thermostat
less 10 degrees off wrong input = no threshold

So far only ozdave can corroborate what i'm saying he's got the same OBD II PLX Device instal on his ROCKET III touring
he has to check is PLX device reading and compare it with a room temp. thermometre

The next step is to convince triumph about this :shock:

very interesting! never thought to check that. Have just checked with a thermometer, the OBD water is reading the same, both 15 celsius, AIT on the OBD is 19 celsius

you see
your bike sensor is off 4 celcius about 10 fahrenheit on air intake temperature

that means you BIKE is tuning it self with the reading is geting from the sensor and it's off
HOT AIR BUT IN FACT IT'S NOT THAT HOT
THAN HE TUNE IT SELF THINGKING IS GETTING HOT AIR

have you check the barometric presion sensor also (( it's for elevetion ))
mind is not showing on the PLX

It's like having a race tune with stock pipe running it like grand pa!!!

Do you think a few degrees one way or another is going to matter? The ECU reads the voltage inputs from the sensors, could the problem be in the conversion of those voltages in the units you have hooked up to the bike?

140ci- I think the ambient baro pressure sensor takes readings on start up only.

Ol Skool said:
Do you think a few degrees one way or another is going to matter? The ECU reads the voltage inputs from the sensors, could the problem be in the conversion of those voltages in the units you have hooked up to the bike?

140ci- I think the ambient baro pressure sensor takes readings on start up only.

In the truimph manuel the sensor are check tested with OHM meter disconected from the bike

The computer will read voltage when connected to the bike
A big difference

When the fan sart early the thermostat is not fully open yet because it's not hot enought or too mutch
and therfor the cooland liquide flow is not at his max and the engine stays hot and the fan also stay on and you cooking like a chicken in a BBQ

What hapen if you go up in elevation let sees 12500 feet 3800 meters
it will tune it self because of the lack of air NO AIR NO FUEL NO POWER It won't do black smoke

The PLX device is very accurate in all parameters if he get the right input
It did corrected the speedometre

It did read my 1% throtle opening like truimph comp. when the engine was shut down or at idle

Air intake temp. is important also in the tune

All the parameters are important for the best tune

The ECU is in a constant LOOP every 12 minute

With the anti polution tune that we have it will tune it self with the reading it's getting but if there rong the ecu will produce a bad tune thinking it a good tune the oxigen sensor will feed back new parameter and will try to correct the tune all the time

I do think it does mader

If the ecu think it'running at the proper temp. it will give input back to the bike and will tune it self thinking it all right

My spare bike a 1998 V-MAX is run low in temp.i can see the gages and also with a by-pas switch so when i know i'm gone be in trafic i hit the switch right away and the engine stay cool if i forget to switch it on i'll be cooking my self up

:D :lol:

By the way
In 06 i was WY at 4700 Feet and my rocket was doing close to 50 US mpg
http://www.rocky.mountain.national-park.com/ at 12600 feet i had no power at all there a came done the hill from there
and my ECU had a dead spot at 2000 rpm

I've switch tire in Denver CO and they've retune the computer and check the elevation sensor it was all right
I was at 5500 feet elevetion
But what if it was stuck a 5500 feet when i came down to sea level in CA i had not that fuel economie anymore

I just remember this thing

Back