PLX DM-200 OBDII

When the fan sart early the thermostat is not fully open yet because it's not hot enought or too mutch
and therfor the cooland liquide flow is not at his max and the engine stays hot and the fan also stay on and you cooking like a chicken in a BBQ

What's the thermostat in the Rocket rated to open at? I would guess around 180 F, the fan kicks on at 211 F.

Ol Skool said:
When the fan sart early the thermostat is not fully open yet because it's not hot enought or too mutch
and therfor the cooland liquide flow is not at his max and the engine stays hot and the fan also stay on and you cooking like a chicken in a BBQ

What's the thermostat in the Rocket rated to open at? I would guess around 180 F, the fan kicks on at 211 F.

triumph specs ..
Thermostat close until .185 fahranhiet or 85 celcius
......fan blower start at.217 fahranhiet or 103 celcius.
......fan blower stop at..212 fahranhiet or 100 celcius.
engine warning light at..242 fahranhiet or 117 celcius

when the sensors and the thermostat are working properly

michel, have you tried the OBD with any other software yet? I have downloaded the SCANTOOL software but am yet to try it, actually I haven't hooked the laptop up to it yet either, hoping to work up the courage this weekend

No not yet Ozdave
Only plug it and played with it on the bike
Now My dealer and triumph can't say i'm »whynning« about the situation

It look's like Rook got one
coming from http://www.r3owners.com/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=

RooK said:
My air intake temp is dead on at cold start and starts to be off as the engine warms up. I checked escapingoth's about a month ago and it was exactly the same as mine.

I assumed that the intake air simply gets heated before getting in the engine (or close to the sensor). The more you open the throttle the closer to outside temperature it will get.

21C in garage, 21C outside
Iddle Cold: IAT shows 21C
Iddle HOT after 5 minutes: IAT shows 32C
Riding highway shows 26C
Climbing a hill, 20% Throttle IAT shows 24C
Eaven if I'm still off duty I don't have enought time to do everything
We're having a rainbow summer here and I'm surfing around clouds trying to stay dry most of the time

Today i going to see my «hitch master» to check if he can do somting to fix my hitch regarding the job they did in charlotte NC
I hope to get some improvement and check for stipp bolt

But I will keep you informed

Take care

Back