Pig9r...HELP or anyone else

Molinoman

Living Legend
Ride
2017 Polaris Slingshot
Today I learned a few things about the R3, I finally got around to raising the gas tank, was pretty straight forward.
The bearclaw was a bear getting off (where did all my metric sockets go???) and as soon as the rain stops I'll find out how much of a bear it is to get back on.
I printed the pages out from the manual and identified the different metric sizes for wrenches, sockets and hex keys and wrote them on the pages.

My problem was I was trying to get my new 12 volt outlet installed as per Pig's instructrions. I could not find the "two female" connectors to attach the wires to.
I then took off the left side cover and found an open connection underneath the "1, 2, and 3 connectors identified on page 417 (18.19) is this it???
My outlet actually was not wired at all, it had two connectors to hook up a female type plug to so I thought it was going to be easy, but I could not find any "female" type plugs...except for the previously mentioned open connector behind the left side cover.

It's starting to get late to add this connector now, I may attempt to do it in Nashville if any of the other Captains present are willing to throw in their two cents.

The rain appears to have stopped, I guess I'll go tackle that bear claw now.

One other question, the manual mentioned that I had to disconnect the battery prior to raising the gas tank (which I did), is this really necessary?
Thanks in advance.
Dennis

I had to pull the claw cover off to get to the female aux socket plugs. I pulled the panel off and took a couple of photos for you. I put some heat shrink tubing over the panels.

I am pointing to wires where they come off of the harness and are secured to the rear of the mounting bracket behind the plastic cover that holds the socket. (and no I am not really that white)

Here you can sneak a peek at the purple wire and black wires under the heat shrinked connection.

One more for good measure.

No need to disconnect your battery. I never have at least. Let me know if you need more photos. I can cut the heat shrink tubing off if you need.

Just so it's clear, the wires are behind the plastic side cover in which the socket mounts in. The cover is secured by two torx head screws.

Thanks

Thanks for the photos, however, because I have the heated grips, fuel gage, clock, foglights the only "empty" socket was the one I mentioned previously. I pulled on all the wires behind the bear claw, the accessory plate (held on with the 4 mm torx fasteners), and the side cover and no plugs (other than the empty socket below 1,2, and 3 on page 417 of the manual).

I went ahead and re-raised the fuel tank, ran the 12 volt GPS cable, and hooked up the 12 volt accessory outlet direct to the battery with a 10 amp inline fuse...and I have power.
So for now, I'll ride with this setup and see how it does on the trip.

...now on to mounting my ram mount for the GPS itself.
Dennis

Vibrating seat

Yo gang ,what about the wire for the power seat ????

Power seat allright. With the Rocket so smooth and vibration free, maybe it's time for a Vibrider so you can thrill your female passanger with a vibrating seat. The sucker has an intensity control mounted on the handlebar so you can just give her a little tickle or an all out orgasm.....come on.:eek:

Hell, we can all be Raymond Braswell's:D

www.viberider.com

Back