Pictures: Primacy Tire Install follow-up

steelboss

.040 Over
Hi,
A few tech notes for those of you are still among the resistance, to share with yourself or your Jedi mechanic:
 1 floor jack and some common tools are enough.
 The panniers almost jump into your arms if you twist those inconspicuous looking little flat heads inside, a half turn to the left.
 We dropped the rear exhaust pipes in about 5 minutes.
 Remove the rear caliper in about a minute.
 Spun out the axle and disengaged the Warp-drive and the tire just rolled back and surrendered.
 We popped the tire off with a bench vice and steel flat bars, with rubber to protect the rim…(I said he was a Jedi…)
 5 minutes later we were filling up the Primacy, and everything went back together just as easy as it came apart. (Those UK people must be smart or something' like that..)
 No extra parts found under the bike. No missing tools. No skinned knuckles. My girl only called me once...:eek:

Results…
 Excellent fit on the bike. I was quite surprised how much room there really is under that fender. I mean the 205/60 is not even near the fender walls yet. (See Pics).
 Filled up to 40psi for the first drive.

It was still raining and the roads looked like wet black glass. I got out there and once I was strait I opened the throttle and the bike took off in the rain, straight line, no spinning. I broke soft, then harder, no problem. Then I locked the rear brake intentionally and the bike slid straight…like an arrow. Before with the ME880’s the bike would slide wildly if I tried that. I have not seen dry pavement yet at the time of this writing.
There is one issue. I notice a mild wobble at low speed, such as 20 to 30 mph. Faster than that and it goes away. I am sure this is only a balancing issue because I did not balance the Primacy yet.
Enjoy the pictures!

Tony

Attachments

• DSCF2680.jpg
    DSCF2680.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCF2683.jpg
    DSCF2683.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCF2688.jpg
    DSCF2688.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 134