PC-V Map by Gear and Speed Calibration Values

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
For those of you out there that have had their PC-V setup on a dyno, I would really appreciate it if you could help out with this, as it's really not going to be safe to do on the street and I really want to get "by gear" mapping working.

What are the values used in the sections below?

1.jpg

For those of you out there that have had their PC-V setup on a dyno, I would really appreciate it if you could help out with this, as it's really not going to be safe to do on the street and I really want to get "by gear" mapping working.

What are the values used in the sections below?

1.jpg
Not sure if this is what you want, but the gear ratios are:

1st - 2.92857142857143

2nd - 1.94736842105263

3d - 1.43478260869565

4th - 1.16

5th - 0.964285714285714

then multiply each of those gear ratios by 3.07346 (takes into account primary reduction, secondary reduction, final drive) to get the overall ratio in that gear.
You then need to take into account the tyre circumference to get the speed in gear. not sure what your is accounted for in your software.

To answer my own question, in case anyone else has it in the future, here is a reply from Dynojet with the values:

The default speed scalar value for your PC5 unit is: 114195.

The upper and lower gear ratio limits for each gear are:

115.547 – 127.710 @ 1st gear

76.445 – 84.492 @ 2nd gear

56.668 – 62.633 @ 3rd gear

45.767 – 50.584 @ 4th gear

37.643 – 41.606 @ 5th gear

This may be a stupid question, bit with all the control you have with tune ecu or tuneboy what is the added benefit of the PCV?

This may be a stupid question, bit with all the control you have with tune ecu or tuneboy what is the added benefit of the PCV?
If you have a highly modded bike, it offers a wider range of fuel either added or taken away. Not really necessary for a stock motor.

However for ease of finding a tuner it helps. Very few tuners know how to use Tuneboy or Tune ECU, but every shop and shade tree dyno operator claims to know how to use Power Commander.

Well Tune boy was intended to do my auto tune work plus add features, but I still don't have a working produxt....thanks tune boy.

So, tuneecu for base tune building and pc v for small refinement using at or dyno. Plus PC V gets you most of what tune boy claims it can do. Added benefit, leave it connected and reduce fueling authority to 10% and let to weather/seasonal/altitude corrections.

Also, PC-V allows fuel edits on the fly, high rate datalogging, a display of gauges fully configurable, and configurable warning LEDS and a shift light output.

Last edited:
Well Tune boy was intended to do my auto tune work plus add features, but I still don't have a working produxt....thanks tune boy.

So, tuneecu for base tune building and pc v for small refinement using at or dyno. Plus PC V gets you most of what tune boy claims it can do. Added benefit, leave it connected and reduce fueling authority to 10% and let to weather/seasonal/altitude corrections.

Also, PC-V allows fuel edits on the fly, high rate datalogging, a display of gauges fully configurable, and configurable warning LEDS and a shift light output.

Cool. Thanks for the answer. That makes a lot of sense.

If you have a highly modded bike, it offers a wider range of fuel either added or taken away. Not really necessary for a stock motor.

However for ease of finding a tuner it helps. Very few tuners know how to use Tuneboy or Tune ECU, but every shop and shade tree dyno operator claims to know how to use Power Commander.
In addition if you have the PC5 for the touring you can get the POD-300 and now you have a tach(Along with all the other features)!

Back