Paint and finish concerns

looks alot like some sort of solvent splashes...have you given it a good rub with Autosol or similar...i often give the alloy bits on my scoot a going over.
It’s corrosion notice how it’s not where it says RocketGT that part is metal the rest is aluminium, I’ve buffed it with metal polish, As I said in another post it’s less noticeable but they can get stuffed and give me a new one LOL

It’s corrosion notice how it’s not where it says RocketGT that part is metal the rest is aluminium, I’ve buffed it with metal polish, As I said in another post it’s less noticeable but they can get stuffed and give me a new one LOL
How did you go with gettign a new one, ive just noticed ive got alot of that on the intake side covers and on the filler / oil caps.

Already, ****… isn’t yours just brand new?
They didn’t want to know about it but offered me trade price on new parts ….
yes brand new, they washed, it after fitting the QS and Bluetooth unit, didnt flash it properly had to take it back to get bluetooth working, got home today and noticed that those covers have milt corrosion on them , i mean i was aware aluminium does it, and she isnt destined to be a be a trophy show queen, guess ill just autosol / mother metal polish it and then acf50 it i always have a bottle handy for the outside of my cast iron smoker.

but little disappointed if i am totally honest about it.

yes brand new, they washed, it after fitting the QS and Bluetooth unit, didnt flash it properly had to take it back to get bluetooth working, got home today and noticed that those covers have milt corrosion on them , i mean i was aware aluminium does it, and she isnt destined to be a be a trophy show queen, guess ill just autosol / mother metal polish it and then acf50 it i always have a bottle handy for the outside of my cast iron smoker.

but little disappointed if i am totally honest about it.
Are you sure it’s not watermarks from when they washed it? Are they brushed aluminium like the side cover?

You guys sure it isn't from the sea air. Most of the problems are from guys that live by the ocean it seems. The salt air is constant so I don't know but it seems like it would be the culprit. When I bought my used 05 Rocket down in the Santa Monica area it had corrosion on the handlebars and other places that I had to replace. He parked it outside but covered it. :thumbsup:

You guys sure it isn't from the sea air. Most of the problems are from guys that live by the ocean it seems. The salt air is constant so I don't know but it seems like it would be the culprit. When I bought my used 05 Rocket down in the Santa Monica area it had corrosion on the handlebars and other places that I had to replace. He parked it outside but covered it. :thumbsup:
Nah I’ve had over 35 bikes never had it on other bikes .. I’ll paint all the aluminium parts one day gloss black

so i bought some purple polish alum polish and that took most of the spots out, I then (showing my age :p) used a Paul Sellers technique from woodworking days, and use my 3in1 oil soaked rag and wiped them all down afterwards, same treatment i do on my handplanes, as i discovered i was out of acf50

backrest arrived today, rather than let the stealer ship touch my bike again i fitted it myself and found that the Allen head bolts holding my taillight in were undone and rattling inside the tail.

Back