P1698 5v Sensor Supply circuit malfunction

Kamloopsbc

Standard Bore
Ride
Triumph
Riding by bike the other day and it lost all power and would only idle. Engine light came on. I put in a new battery and bike started and ran fine..but only for about 5km and did the exact same thing. Multimeter show battery is charging fine. Sometimes when I turn the key on the fuel pump does not presurize..no sound. If I turn key on off a bunch of times the fuel pump will turn on but only idle.Give it throttle it bogs down a stalls. Also if it wont start loosing the pos or neg side of battery and wiggle it around will give same result as turning key on and off.
I used TuneEcu to pull the code.
I am at a lost.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220830-192436.png
    Screenshot_20220830-192436.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 12
going to guess
the bolt going into the battery is to long and tightening on the treads at the bottom.
install washer so it will tighten bat cables.

where/how did you come up with the P1698 code and code meaning.
may have triggered this code because of low voltage on the whole system

Voltage is fine battery fully charged and when I could get it to run was charging good.

Also when I could get it to run I cleared code and then ran fine but would throw code and go back into limp mode. Turn key on now a won't start..fuel pump won't kick in at all.

No it's tight. Wish it was that simple.

what's the voltage when it is at ide?
is the p1698 a hard code (wont clear or comes back as soon as u start bike
soft code (comes back after u ride awhile)
have you tried clearing that code?
what system/scanner r u using?

Also when I could get it to run I cleared code and then ran fine but would throw code and go back into limp mode. Turn key on now a won't start..fuel pump won't kick in at all.

over the phone is hard to diagnose
i would get some relays (5 terminals will fit/replace all of them) any automotive place as long as they show a resister in the little diagram.
i would replace the engine management, fuel, starter relays

u may need this info pin numbers is from my 07 classic
the best way to check the 5 volt system (jmo) is at the throttle position sensor
fall detection switch pin #6 5volts
inlet air temp sensor pin #2 5volts
fall detection switch pin #6 5volts
primary tps sensor pin #1 5volts
secondary tps pin #2 5volts
map sensor pin #1 5volts

Back