2Hozhoni

Standard Bore
I am very curious what others have paid for the 10,000 mile oil change. I was charged $750.00 and there was nothing wrong with my R111. I was told that mine was the first R111 that had this 10,000 mile service and they charged me 8 hours, plus the reg items that are part of oil changes. I am reluctant to go back there for service in the future.:mad:

Way Too Much

I had my dealer change the synthetic oil at about 7,000 miles and I don't think I spent more than $250 total and that was checking everything and putting on a few "Do-Dads". I'd sure look for another authorized dealer and turn this guy into Triumph. They should be able to put some pressure on this dealer to rebate some of that cost if they want to continue representing Triumph!

Let us know what happens.

I like the term 'adjustment'. It's really remove, gage and replace accordingly. There are no adjusters. It's shim over bucket. I can see 2 hours on the flat rate manual for removal and replacement of ancillary components because it takes a bit of time to get everything out of the way to remove the valve cover but the adjustment is a matter of checking the clearances and if adjustment is needed, then removing the cams and swapping out shims and then the replacement of the components. I plan on doing that service myself anyway.

Lubed

Well I sure think it is a bit high but you have to understand someone has to pay for the OJT learning curve.:( I think mine was in the mid 400's but had some other things done as well. I'm bracing myself for the 20,000 coming up next week which has a 3.5 hr. shop rate. Plugs (6), wires (6), oil, filers, gear oil, and check everything out, yea I'm gonna be in shock for sure.:confused: I believe Triumph has a business benefit for each Rocket sold which translates into $$$$$. Not as bad as some but worse than some too.:eek:

Well I sure think it is a bit high but you have to understand someone has to pay for the OJT learning curve.:( I think mine was in the mid 400's but had some other things done as well. I'm bracing myself for the 20,000 coming up next week which has a 3.5 hr. shop rate. Plugs (6), wires (6), oil, filers, gear oil, and check everything out, yea I'm gonna be in shock for sure.:confused: I believe Triumph has a business benefit for each Rocket sold which translates into $$$$$. Not as bad as some but worse than some too.:eek:

Nothing you can't do yourself. Lift and prop the tank, pull the boots, wires and plugs, gap the plugs (don't forget a little dab of never-sieze on the plug threads) install 'em. You'll need a torque wrench (the spec., is in the shop manual. Filters are a breeze too, well, except for the fuel filter which is on the assembly with the pump-in-tank and has a specific order of disassembly and re-assembly and you'll need an inch pound 1/4" drive torque wrench for those capscrews. You can get the Mobil full synthetic gear oil in quart squeeze containers on line. It's not cheap but it's what the OEM wants. Don't take much. You'll have plenty left for chainsaw bar oil. Aren't you about due for a brake fluid renew? I believe Triumph want's it sucked every 2 years. For what you are paying for service you could buy the tools, get you parts at the dealer and still be ahead. When you pull the drain plug for the final drive, ride it first and drain it warm and let it drain for a while. Like I said, there ain't much in there but you need to allow all the old stuff to come oozing out.

The dealership where I bought my rocket quoted me about $750.00 plus parts for the 10,000 mile checkup. needless to say I havent taken it in yet, I have decided to purchase the shop manual and jump in to being my own bike mechanic. maybe if something is wrong that I can't figure out I will take it in but not for routine checkups.

Rademis

You bet RADEMIS,there is no need to go back to dealer for anything except waranty work..If everyone buying a rocket would get a statement of maintance costs at time of purchase I'll bet we could cut down on these rip off service costs, but as long as people keep paying them they will keep charging them.. Jack

Back